Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

hmbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the nooby question.

My burner supports DVD-R DL, DVD-RW DL and DVD+R DL, but it doesn't support DVD+RW DL.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so is it safe to say that the iso dump and wiikey update will appear in 24 hours?

No, it might take a week.

Also I'll clarify this on Double Layered DVDs.

You need a burner that supports DVD-R DL. Most of them only support DVD+R DL. Remember, there's a BIG difference between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL. To be sure, just get a Verbatim DVD+R DL, they're the best, when it comes to DL.

Typo? , as that makes no sense. First you say you need a burner that supports -R DL , then you say just a get a verbatim +R DL.
No, because almost all DVD-R DL burners can also burn DVD+R DL.

So why not just say a burner that can do +R DL , there are plenty that will do +R DL , but not -R DL. Saying needing one that can do -R DL , is just gonna add to confusion for people
Anyone that's confused... There are two types of standard blank DVD R media:
There's DVD-R (DVD Minus sign R) and there's DVD+R (DVD Plus sign R)... That's for single layer, standard, discs.
For Dual layer, there's DVD-R DL (DVD Minus R DL) and there's DVD+R DL (DVD Plus R DL). They are two different types of discs, it will say clearly on the label what kind of discs they are.
Your drive can either burn only +R discs, only -R discs, or both. If it can burn both it will have a plus sign with a minus under it (A Plus or Minus sign, for anyone who knows what that looks like). It will say DVD±R.
To add to the confusion (in my attempt to clear it up), if you want to burn a DL disc, your DVD burner will have to either say DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, or DVD±R DL.
Finally, DVD-Rs (minus) of any type (regular or DL) are the most compatible with Wiis and the ones you want... if your burner will only burn +'s, don't buy a - just because it's more compatible, as you will not be able to burn to it.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do I understand this topic right... that SSBB is playable on a D2Ckey Wii Console... but the only problem now is that the guy who ripped the DVD had an incomplete 2nd layer?

MSW0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather sure that even people with only DVD+R DL burners, such as myself, are fine as well.

My Wii has never had a problem with a +R disc, and the layer break difference also forces me to lean more towards "DVD+R DL is the best to go for BRAWLSZSLD."

hmbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. Europe being screwed has made me resort to this, but I'll buy the european version when it's released.

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I understand this topic right... that SSBB is playable on a D2Ckey Wii Console... but the only problem now is that the guy who ripped the DVD had an incomplete 2nd layer?
So it is. Its playable w/ D2CKey and the Taiwanese Guy made a Dump of one Layer. But the Subspace Emissary isn't working without the other layer.

And the other problem is that the WiiKey can't read the DVD.

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sick of waiting, can't someone release the D5 dump for download while we wait for the wiikey update and the full D9 dump.

Cuz the D5 dump works with wiikey,

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so is it safe to say that the iso dump and wiikey update will appear in 24 hours?
No, it might take a week.

Also I'll clarify this on Double Layered DVDs.

You need a burner that supports DVD-R DL. Most of them only support DVD+R DL. Remember, there's a BIG difference between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL. To be sure, just get a Verbatim DVD+R DL, they're the best, when it comes to DL.

Typo? , as that makes no sense. First you say you need a burner that supports -R DL , then you say just a get a verbatim +R DL.
No, because almost all DVD-R DL burners can also burn DVD+R DL.

So why not just say a burner that can do +R DL , there are plenty that will do +R DL , but not -R DL. Saying needing one that can do -R DL , is just gonna add to confusion for people
Anyone that's confused... There are two types of standard blank DVD R media:
There's DVD-R (DVD Minus sign R) and there's DVD+R (DVD Plus sign R)... That's for single layer, standard, discs.
For Dual layer, there's DVD-R DL (DVD Minus R DL) and there's DVD+R DL (DVD Plus R DL). They are two different types of discs, it will say clearly on the label what kind of discs they are.
Your drive can either burn only +R discs, only -R discs, or both. If it can burn both it will have a plus sign with a minus under it (A Plus or Minus sign, for anyone who knows what that looks like). It will say DVD±R.
To add to the confusion (in my attempt to clear it up), if you want to burn a DL disc, your DVD burner will have to either say DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, or DVD±R DL.
Finally, DVD-Rs (minus) of any type (regular or DL) are the most compatible with Wiis and the ones you want... if your burner will only burn +'s, don't buy a - just because it's more compatible, as you will not be able to burn to it.

You missed one HUGE issue. DVD-R DL come with a fixed layerbreak. Unlike DVD+R which allows you to set the layerbreak.
Video games are dvd-roms and have a specific layerbreak. To burn them correctly you need to set the layerbreak to the one on the dvd-rom (like the xbox 360 is 1913760), it will not play otherwise. Since DVD-R doesn't allow you to set the layerbreak to the correct setting it may not play.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You guys don't need to worry about DVD-R DL. The discs are expensive hard to come around and not usually good quality unlike DVD+R DL (Verbatim discs). Plus like someone said earlier, we will probably have to set the layer break for SSBB and bitsetting.

For noobs

Layer Break is the break of data between the Layer 0 and Layer 1 of a dual layered disc.
Bitsetting (also called booktype) is the process of making your DVD+R DL disc act as a DVD-ROM

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea i agree, can someone contact that chinese guy who has the D5 copy?

He's Taiwanese, and he said that he doesn't want to release it, he's afraid of the police... and I can understand him...

Well someone thats not a Taiwanese pussy and has a d2c chip... DO what he did and release the D5

this is what he did

He uses the Wiikey DVD dumper on the Wii with D2Ckey to dump the game data in the 2nd layer of the D9 DVD, using a 2G sd card as a storage.

The data can be burned on normal D5 disc, and can be recognised by both D2Ckey and Wiikey Wii consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No thanks, We all know where that thumb has been....