Hacking SSBB DVD9 Works Perfect On Everything But Gives Green Error @ End of C

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumped a copy of my SSBB NTSC US. Burned with Layer Break @ Specified #. Memorex DVD+R DL (I cant seem to find any 3 or 5 packs of DVD-R DL and Im not paying $$$$$ for some large amount of crappy discs) Set Type to DVD-ROM.

Burned at auto (4x I think).

Everything works fine. Disc has loaded with Backup Loader every time so far. NO LAG ANYWHERE!

Why does a white screen with green text come up at the end of classic. Right after I'm done shooting the laser things, it comes up and says "an error has occurred, eject disc and restart wii".

My Wii is NTSC US 3.2U
No mods, only Twilight hack with homebrew(keeps asking for update ... is it safe), backup loader (newest), dvdx (newest... does this even have anything to do with playing backed up games)

Any ideas, suggestions, or easy solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mawsoccer said:
Dumped a copy of my SSBB NTSC US. Burned with Layer Break @ Specified #. Memorex DVD+R DL (I cant seem to find any 3 or 5 packs of DVD-R DL and Im not paying $$$$$ for some large amount of crappy discs) Set Type to DVD-ROM.

Everything works fine. Disc has loaded with Backup Loader every time so far. NO LAG ANYWHERE!

Why does a white screen with green text come up at the end of classic. Right after I'm done shooting the laser things, it comes up and says "an error has occurred, eject disc and restart wii".

My Wii is NTSC US 3.2U
No mods, only Twilight hack with homebrew(keeps asking for update ... is it safe), backup loader (newest), dvdx (newest... does this even have anything to do with playing backed up games)

Thanks in advance!

Newest Backup loader does not support DVD9.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mawsoccer said:

My Wii is NTSC US 3.2U

Thanks in advance!

You could get one of the old IOS247 ghosting around in this forum and set SoftChip to use IOS247. The beta cIOS is not as good as the gamma cIOS, but it is able to read dual layer games.

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sayargh said:
mawsoccer said:

My Wii is NTSC US 3.2U

Thanks in advance!

Newest Backup loader does not support DVD9.

WHAT??!?!? Any alternative homebrew apps that do?

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(mawsoccer @ Dec 31 2008, 06:47 AM)

My Wii is NTSC US 3.2U

Thanks in advance!

You could get one of the old IOS247 ghosting around in this forum and set SoftChip to use IOS247. The beta cIOS is not as good as the gamma cIOS, but it is able to read dual layer games.

Get an IOS247 SSBB? What is SoftChip? Right now the only thing I can think of that had anything to do with IOS is DVDx, in which advanced installer lets you choose an IOS (I just used the normal install though), and at the bottom of Backup Loader, it says something about IOS249.

On another note... according to http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index....ity_List_NTSC#S , the DVD5 version works fine.

I started to create a DVD5 Version at one point, but WiiScrubber kept giving me IO_READ errors or something like that and would never load the iso. The one time it did load the ISO (with the error of course) it also errored at the end and I got nothing out of it.

What was I doing wrong?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SoftChip is just another wii game launcher. If you set it to use a cIOS with backup dip, it's a backup launcher. There isn't really a IOS247, but some time ago there were several installers for the beta cIOS which installed the cIOS as IOS247. So if you find an IOS247 installer(not wad!) the chance it installs a beta cIOS to IOS247 is >90%. If you can access the 2nd layer or not fully depends on the cIOS and the Gamma cIOS doesn't support it. (it was either rebooter functionality or DL compatibility)

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
SoftChip is just another wii game launcher. If you set it to use a cIOS with backup dip, it's a backup launcher. There isn't really a IOS247, but some time ago there were several installers for the beta cIOS which installed the cIOS as IOS247. So if you find an IOS247 installer(not wad!) the chance it installs a beta cIOS to IOS247 is >90%. If you can access the 2nd layer or not fully depends on the cIOS and the Gamma cIOS doesn't support it. (it was either rebooter functionality or DL compatibility)

I havent ever used rebooter at all yet... I dont even know what it does. IF it is supposed to auto reboot when you have problems I havent seen it do that yet, but I dont even know if I turned it on.

Um... would the last post on this thread help me ... if I install the ios247 gamma file?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115925&st=15

Thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mawsoccer said:
WiiPower said:

I havent ever used rebooter at all yet... I dont even know what it does. IF it is supposed to auto reboot when you have problems I havent seen it do that yet, but I dont even know if I turned it on.

Um... would the last post on this thread help me ... if I install the ios247 gamma file?

Thanks!

Sorry, i forgot that some people were installing the Gamma cIOS to IOS247. Get the installer from this package:
http://rapidshare.com/files/159369328/Wiig...0.3_ios_247.rar

this should install the beta cIOS to IOS247. Then you only need SoftChip set to use IOS247 and the game should work.

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mawsoccer said:
WiiPower said:

Thanks!

Sorry, i forgot that some people were installing the Gamma cIOS to IOS247. Get the installer from this package:
http://rapidshare.com/files/159369328/Wiig...0.3_ios_247.rar

this should install the beta cIOS to IOS247. Then you only need SoftChip set to use IOS247 and the game should work.

Can I find SoftChip in the homebrew browser? Also, How do I install it to be a backup loader?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mawsoccer said:
Can I find SoftChip in the homebrew browser? Also, How do I install it to be a backup loader?

SoftChip is a standalone application, it isn't part of the backup loader. You have to search for it, there's no official release, but it's open source.

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mynoud said:
Here is a a compiled R75 Softchip dol : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQFX3LO4

Thanks for PM.

How do I got about installing all this stuff w/o messing anything up.

Do I need to uninstall my current IOS? If so, how do I do it?

Do I need to uninstall Backup Loader?

Edit: Since no one responded, I just loaded the stuff on my SD card and put it in.

Neither one of those things that you guys told me to get did anything.

WiiPower, that file you told me to get didn't install anything, it just ran the backup loader beta... but of course, my game wouldnt load because I still have IOS249 installed and not IOS247.

I need to dl and install an IOS247 file?

How do I uninstall the IOS249 first?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mawsoccer said:
mynoud said:

Thanks for PM.

Edit: Since no one responded, I just loaded the stuff on my SD card and put it in.

WiiPower, that file you told me to get didn't install anything, it just ran the backup loader beta... but of course, my game wouldnt load because I still have IOS249 installed and not IOS247.

Is there a cIOS installer in the file i posted? Of course you don't need the loader which is included in the package...

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mawsoccer said:
mynoud said:

Thanks for PM.

Is there a cIOS installer in the file i posted? Of course you don't need the loader which is included in the package...

Yeah... my bad... it extracted to a different folder, and my desktop is quite cluttered with WII files that I don't know if and when I will use.

I will try again and let you guys know the results.

So... in summary, I should uninstall CIOS249 using Anytitledeleter, then install CIOS247 using the installer you provided, then use softchip to launch?

Is that correct?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't touch IOS249, just install IOS247, set SoftChip to use IOS247. Then you should be able to play DL games with SoftChip and the rest with Gamma as usual.

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Don't touch IOS249, just install IOS247, set SoftChip to use IOS247. Then you should be able to play DL games with SoftChip and the rest with Gamma as usual.

Woops, IOS249 was gone b4 I read this... however, I just reinstalled it.

But... with or without the IOS249, the IOS247 thing you gave me wont install. I think its trying to do a network install or something. It tries to connect to something and then fails... so it never gets installed.

What now?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mawsoccer said:
WiiPower said:

But... with or without the IOS249, the IOS247 thing you gave me wont install. I think its trying to do a network install or something. It tries to connect to something and then fails... so it never gets installed.

What now?

You either need to be connected to the internet or better, you need the offline installaion files on your sd card:
http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

mawsoccer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mawsoccer said:
WiiPower said:

What now?

You either need to be connected to the internet or better, you need the offline installaion files on your sd card:
http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

So if I download the files he has listed in the beta section and put them on my sd as mentioned in his FAQ, i can then run the cios installer I have been trying to run?

I have WIFI on my WII, why isnt it connected when I do that cios install?

Do you have AIM? Could you please PM me if you do... it might help things go a bit faster. I'd like to get done with this.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work