Hacking SSBB Custom Textures

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,434
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
I've just started with this texturing stuff, and some of the textures are all over the place, e.g. With mario, theres his hat, a monkey face and some hair all in one .tga file?
Is there a guide of some sort that shows which textures apply to which part, some of them give no clue at all, like the kage one...

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would probably ask someone like Androu1 from Stack Smash in their chat. It might be sort of a hexing problem or something.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the hardest part. It's placed on like a piece of paper, and certain parts are stretched onto the model.

D

Deleted User

OP
ok, well i edited the files, just need to re-rip the disc becuse SOMEONE turned off the modem 6 hours in....
2 questions:
When i go to burn, can i just put in a single layer disc, wait till it burns the first layer, and take it out?
Also, how come with the zsuitsamus files, the textures look like regular samus?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
ok, well i edited the files, just need to re-rip the disc becuse SOMEONE turned off the modem 6 hours in....
2 questions:
When i go to burn, can i just put in a single layer disc, wait till it burns the first layer, and take it out?
Also, how come with the zsuitsamus files, the textures look like regular samus?
You can make a DVD5 version and keep that ISO for normal testing. Just look it up, you just remove the movies, but there's a guide to do it.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make a custom texture of Kirby with ASH, and I inserted the .pac and .pcs files into the pre-DVD5 patched ISO and burned it, but it freezes on load of the texture.
Does anyone know if any of Kirby's textures are mipmapped? I also tried to do it the old way on Luigi back before ASH was released, but I got the same problem...
I can't replace files and then patch the iso to DVD5 because it doesn't work...
Will I have to do it manually, i.e. replace each file myself?
Because I have tried just burning the DVD9 version to a DVD-R, but Imgburn gives me an error and doesn't let me burn...
Or, is it possible to upload the files with a USBGecko for testing?
Thanks for the help if you can provide it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...