Square Enix will charge $29 for Final Fantasy Dimensions [iOS/And

pokefloote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Final Fantasy Dimensions is delivered as episodic content. The prologue will be free for everyone to enjoy. You can purchase the first chapter for $2.99, chapters 2-4 for $9.99, or the entire collection of chapters for $28.99.

:arrow: Kotaku
ffscreenie.png

Screenshot from "Final Fantasy Dimensions"

Final Fantasy games are usually worth paying $30 for, right? Thirty dollars is cheaper than the average, new, retail game for a videogame console/handheld system. What about a mobile Final Fantasy built from the ground up for the iOS and Android platforms? Well... Maybe not this time Square-Enix.

In my opinion, this is way too high a price for what is offered. As some other news sources have said, "this looks like something that came out of RPG Maker". Not that all RPG Maker games are bad or anything, but... Those games are also free. At first glance you can see some reused sprites straight from Final Fantasy IV. Graphics don't make or break a good game of course, but there seems to be some lame translations as well. I don't believe SE gave it their all on this game, and are just looking for some quick cash.​

The game will be made available August 31st, 2012 for iOS devices and Android.​

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely be "trying" it out but you best believe I'll be not wasting any money on it if it's shit.
Why we get this crap when we could have a team working on a WiiU True sequel to Crystal Chronicles I'll never understand.
I mean don't you like money SE?

Reactions: 1 person

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that this, like the After Years, were originally a cell-phone game. The shoddy graphics were most likely a prime choice then; but after being ported to more gaming-oriented platforms, the game got that washy RPG-maker feel over it.

I was kinda interested in it, until I saw the really bland menu options and sort of blank presentation. I really don't know what the game is trying to be... other than a cheap RPG. At least the After Years sold itself as an FFIV sequel. This, from what I heard, is just supposed to be a "retro" throwback, which, Square already did, on the DS, with their two remakes and Four Warriors of Light.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've bought some premium games from Cave, but even with as much amazing fun they pack into their apps, the price is under $10 for most. $30 is damn ridiculous though. I thought we were supposed to save money due to lack of printed manuals, boxes, crap like that.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ahahahahahahahaha

It looks like it was outsourced to a group of teenagers with RPG Maker.

edit: after looking at the screenshot again, I'm betting that this is EXACTLY what they did.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually a pretty smart move on Square's part. They know part of their fanbase is so braindead they'll buy anything with "Square Enix" on the cover and with "Final Fantasy" in the title.

Maybe the lack of work/funding for this game will be helping something awesome in the future.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Say hello to the new most pirated app ever :D
With that you're implying that the game is WORTH pirating.

I'm ready to bet it's not :P
Yea got to agree with you there, this doesn't even look that good either but the gameplay might be good and I do emphasize might.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prologue is free, and the first episode is only about $4. Try that and then decide whether or not to dump the game; that isn't exactly a huge commitment.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prologue is free, and the first episode is only about $4. Try that and then decide whether or not to dump the game; that isn't exactly a huge commitment.

This. It's a pretty good way of getting people interested in the game. If you don't like it, don't invest more money into it. Otherwise, if you feel it's worth it, a $30 investment isn't bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good