Final Fantasy XVI gets a new gameplay trailer, releases Summer 2023

Debuted at today's State of Play was Square Enix's new trailer for the latest entry into the Final Fantasy series. This is the first major update on how Final Fantasy XVI is progressing, and with it, we get a glimpse at the story, in addition to the gameplay. The action RPG elements make a return from recent games, and there's battles against summons and huge bosses. Right now, the game is confirmed for PlayStation 5, and PC at some point after launch, with a release window of Summer 2023. Leading development on Final Fantasy XVI is Square Enix's Creative Business Unit III, headed by Naoki Yoshida, alongside the team behind the Dragon Quest Builders and Final Fantasy MMOs. Additionally, the "combat lead" from Devil May Cry V is on board.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I could see some Game of Thrones or FF Tactics themes. Hopefully something unique and original will be delivered.

But lol, these people trying to assess the quality of the story and characters.

I'll try to play it with zero expectation as it is the only reliable way to enjoy a FF game.

Cecil_FF4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War, violence and gore? What's next, the protagonist swearing every bloody minute? What is this shit? It's not the Final Fantasy I grew up with!
Lol! Not sure where you grew up, but I've been playing FF since its inception. And war and violence are mainstays of every single FF game, without exception. I'm going through another playthrough of FF5 atm. Exdeath here destroying entire towns. Let's not forget what Cecil did in the intro of FF4 (slaughtering innocents), or what Kefka did in FF6 after getting his power. FF7 had you playing as terrorists, for crying out loud. I could continue. But I'm pretty excited to see a return of the classic eidolons, excellent animation/art style, and, hopefully, a decent story.

Reactions: tabzer

IceBr8kr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Debuted at today's State of Play was Square Enix's new trailer for the latest entry into the Final Fantasy series. This is the first major update on how Final Fantasy XVI is progressing, and with it, we get a glimpse at the story, in addition to the gameplay. The action RPG elements make a return from recent games, and there's battles against summons and huge bosses. Right now, the game is confirmed for PlayStation 5, and PC at some point after launch, with a release window of Summer 2023. Leading development on Final Fantasy XVI is Square Enix's Creative Business Unit III, headed by Naoki Yoshida, alongside the team behind the Dragon Quest Builders and Final Fantasy MMOs. Additionally, the "combat lead" from Devil May Cry V is on board.

Me still waiting on FFVII Remake 2

Reactions: tabzer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Late to the party, but I'd say this is looking amazing. These big flashy attack sequences are exactly the type of thing I play JRPGs for, at least when done right. Optimistic about the critic and user score being high for this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o