Gaming spoofing a liteon drive

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been reading up on the process of doing this. it seems like a pretty involved and detail job.

my question is where can i buy an old benQ drive to spoof as a liteon if I am to buy a new 360?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eBay
wink.gif

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What if you use an LG drive or Samsung? All the shops I have seen that flashes lite-ons insert either of those two. I read the Benq is safest for Live play. How unsafe do you think the other drives are?

bestperson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emirof said:
What if you use an LG drive or Samsung? All the shops I have seen that flashes lite-ons insert either of those two. I read the Benq is safest for Live play. How unsafe do you think the other drives are?

i didn't even realize there were shops that did the flashing. are any of them on the net?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've done about some of these liteon spoofings, its pretty simple, just solder your rs232 adapter on the pcb board and read the key.

then put this key and spoof info in your new drive, i've used samsung and hitachi drives i had laying around from broken consoles.
both worked fine, however live is not recommended because they can detect it.
they say benq is not detectable, but these drives are very expensive.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They can be detected if it we swapped the Liteon for one of those two, or they can be detected anytime?! :S

I mean, if I have an old console that had a Samsung in it and it's now flashed, can it be detected?!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wait until iextreme 1.5 is released:

QUOTE said:
#fw net

lite-on work is continuing. full erase/write access to entire fw flash is complete via software!

ixtreme 1.5 is coming! will include adapt_ss, will auto adapt ss according to drive string (safe spoofing), amongst other things!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
According the the thread on xbox-scene that might just be badly worded. As writing to the drive and erasing it aren't the problem. It's getting a dump. No dump , no hacked firmware and at the moment unless the drive is erased , you can't access it and if it's erased , there goes your dump
frown.gif

Hopefully it's not , but impression I get from the thread on xbox-scene is just ixtreme 1.5 is coming for the other 3 drives and work is still going on , on the lite-on.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The lite-on drive will never be as simple as flashing the stock firmware with a replacement, the lite-on drives flash rom cant be written to.

It can be read (dumped) however, using the method mentioned at the top of this thread, but once the key is extracted & ixtreme firmware is created, it cant be flashed back to it.
Therefore, the only way to do it (and i think this will remain the same when ix1.5 is out) is to read it from the lite on drive & flash to a samsung/hitachi/benq drive.
Currently, the only "xbox-live safe" drive to flash to is a BENQ.

I think that C4Eva quote meant ixtreme1.5 will make it "safe" to flash the lite-on key to a samsung or hitachi, just as it is at the moment with the BENQ.

I think.....
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky