TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone!

I've tried to flash one of my LiteOn drives from my 2010 console, but while I was writing, the VM disconnected the X360 pro v2's filter from the list and now the drive is stuck in a 0x52 and 0x80 state, I am unable to read / write / erase the drive because of this issue and I am unable to introduce vendor mode because of these two statuses and I can't seem to get around it.

I used Windows 7 in a VM with a homemade probe because I don't have my CK3 Probe V3 with me and my only available computer is incapable of running Windows 7. I don't know if these are the problems, but this is what seems to be wrong with my attempts.

If anyone would be able to explain why I'm stuck with these statuses and if there would be a way to recover my drive from this, where online the only things I've found are remove the probe, which I have done.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ive found a way to get 0x72 and am able to write the drive, but I'm getting write verify failed after flashing both stock and LT 3 to it.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ended up burning that drives logic board, it seems to get picked up by jungle flasher and the console, but will fail at anything read related now.

Edit: I'm not sure what happened, but after connecting it to power and attempting Read, jungleflasher said "Read Failed" or something similar and the drive became non detected, followed by some burning smell

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was originally looking into getting an ODDE, but I'm not sure where to get one, and for a replacement board, I can't seem to find one online without a few months wait.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Haha, I've been looking around for ages online but can't seem to find anything about them, only thing I can find is a seized webpage.

Are 360 drives model specific?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes and no.
It is possible to spoof them but your results may vary when it comes to being XGD3 compatible and flags/bans.

If you want a Live enabled box, you'll have to get whatever drive you had before (say Liteon, you'd need a Liteon in return)
Other options are RGH, which by that point the DVD drives becomes rather obsolete.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My RGH console still owns it's disc drive, and they're both LiteOn so I should just be able to flash the dumb to that and it would work?

How often does Microsoft ban / ban wave 360s nowadays, and does powering the console without the drive trigger anything?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both Phats? If yes then yeah, just flash the drive dump of the Non-RGH to the drive of RGH and stick it back in the Non-RGH one.

MS still bans cheaters etc, mostly an automated process from what I gather.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah both phats. That's saves alot of time since I'm heading home tomorrow and can do it all then, instead of waiting for a new drive. What do you think could've caused the drive to burn and die?

Oh makes sense, so console flags would still get the console banned is a ban wave happens.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Without being a dick... You.
User error is the likely cause that it died.

Banwaves don't appear anymore from my knowledge, if you console gets flagged then it can get banned at any moment.
I have no clue what the ETA is after flag is triggered that is a bannable offense so to say.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No offence taken, I sort of expected that. To be honest, I probably shouldn't be doing this without the proper tools on hand.

Oh okay. Do you think their system can detect when you're trying to modify the system, (failed to successfully flash drive etc)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, proper tools is a must really.

Yes.
If you'd connect a RGH to XBL without any protection, the box will be insta flagged for a ban.
Having a detectable drive CFW will result in a ban, running badly burned backups on shit media can end up in getting banned and it till cause trouble installing/booting the game.

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Will make a mental note of that.

Ah, so stay offline with rgh, always verify burns with abgx and stay up to date on drive cfw. Do I need to keep updating and flashing the drive or is the LT+ 3 cfw for drives that latest / safest for the drives?

TheVAAAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Flashing the new drive doesn't seem to be working properly. I can't get the drive to enter status 0x72 but the times I can, it will write and verify OK, but the drives key doesn't change in the drive properties panel.

Edit: I managed to get the dump onto the new drive, but now I'm having console issues. Do I have permission to add links to issues?

Last edited by TheVAAAN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb