SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated release date confirmed

THQ Nordic has finally given a solid release date for the remake of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Subtitled as "Rehydrated", this is a full HD remake of the original game, which released in 2003 for the sixth-generation of game consoles. The remake will also feature content that was cut from the original, as well as a new two-player local and online multiplayer mode. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated will launch for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on June 23rd.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The original game is actually really well known in the speedrunning community, and that probably had a big factor in THQN remastering it.
I have heard they have took a lot of the technical glitches and collision issues out of this remaster, so the one good reason to play (Speedrunning/Glitching around) has all but vanished for me...
Here's hoping I am wrong! I am excited to see if it is speed viable.
I doubt they will remove the glitches, given the nature of this game's popularity and notoriety. Would be completely tone-deaf if they did.

Last edited by zoogie,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I like the Spongebob Games on different Platforms.Some are really great to play and makes great Fun.
What is really annoying (again on many German Games - Harry Potter for Example) are the awful and not associated german Voice(s) from the Characters.
Was/is this really only a matter of Money everytime to get Santiago Ziesmer (German Voice since 1999) ?:(

Thank you.:)

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original game is actually really well known in the speedrunning community, and that probably had a big factor in THQN remastering it.

I doubt they will remove the glitches, given the nature of this game's popularity and notoriety. Would be completely tone-deaf if they did.

It seems like they are a little hesataint on straight up adding cruze boosting based off this, and at this point in the same video, SHiFT says the moment is floaty and not the same. I hope they have the mentality of "This is supposed to be an exploitable game" rather than "This should be an honest to god remake" Because it would lose almost all worth like that...

Reactions: zoogie

BellBlitzKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat this game twice! Collecting every single spatula and star I could! The story had comedy that wasn't heavy-handed and took so much of the show's context and back-stories & made it real. This was a priceless game, with strong mechanics. Reminded me of Super Mario Sunshine but sillier while still smooth.

Once you get the Bubble-Missiles, you are unstoppable! Long distance one-shotting left and right for easy coin and clever ways around parts of levels when pressing switches with it.

Last edited by BellBlitzKing,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm shocked there doing this to tell you the truth i beat the revenge of the flying dutch man on gamecube and GBA and it was a classic ending IMO still have to play and beat this. if the full price is between 40-60 i'm going wait for a price drop.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has there ever been a good spongebob game? Some of the games from cartoons of that era were solid little platformers or cart racers or adventure games or whatever (not to mention Dexter's lab chess), however all the spongebob stuff I ever played was either straight bad or offensively bland and by the numbers.

Sometimes I do wonder if this is a parody account.
Battle For Bikini Bottom is actually q pretty decent 3D platforming collect-a-thon. It's probably the only good Spongebob game.

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just finished playing through the original with my younger brother on PS2. I'm amazed at how well it's held up, both gameplay wise and graphically. The only downside was it's poor hit detection and the lack of Clancy Brown as Mr. Krabs. I'm looking forward to playing this.

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just hope they have Clancy Brown doing Mr Krabs in the game and some puzzle/gameplay tweaks and I'm sold.
Never played this game before but heard good things about it.

D

Deleted User

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready
MY BODY IS READY
I have never played the original but still
I'M READY

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.