SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated release date confirmed

THQ Nordic has finally given a solid release date for the remake of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Subtitled as "Rehydrated", this is a full HD remake of the original game, which released in 2003 for the sixth-generation of game consoles. The remake will also feature content that was cut from the original, as well as a new two-player local and online multiplayer mode. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated will launch for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on June 23rd.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The character name is great deserves to sell just for tht and looks fun to play hope it sells wel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has there ever been a good spongebob game? Some of the games from cartoons of that era were solid little platformers or cart racers or adventure games or whatever (not to mention Dexter's lab chess), however all the spongebob stuff I ever played was either straight bad or offensively bland and by the numbers.

The character name is great deserves to sell just for tht and looks fun to play hope it sells wel
Sometimes I do wonder if this is a parody account.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Who cares?
me. Battle for Bikini Bottom is a great 3D platformer, this remake looks quite good.
Has there ever been a good spongebob game? Some of the games from cartoons of that era were solid little platformers or cart racers or adventure games or whatever (not to mention Dexter's lab chess), however all the spongebob stuff I ever played was either straight bad or offensively bland and by the numbers.

Sometimes I do wonder if this is a parody account.
Battle for Bikini Bottom has the reputations of "the best one", i'd consider battle for bikini bottom a great 3d platformer and a really fun time.

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares?

Ahh, the two sides of GBATemp; one after the other. Never change. As with every game, I hope it does well and that people have fun playing it.

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Like Stealphie said, I remember Battle for Bikini Bottom being really good, even if I haven't played it in a while. This game has a pretty decent cult following and people were clamouring for a remaster for a while, so I'm hoping it'll hold up when I get to try it again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The original game predates achievements. Are you thinking of a different game?

The other ones released on 360 has fairly easy achievements, I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets easy ones.

Afaik, no spongebob game has any difficult ones.

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard they have took a lot of the technical glitches and collision issues out of this remaster, so the one good reason to play (Speedrunning/Glitching around) has all but vanished for me...
Here's hoping I am wrong! I am excited to see if it is speed viable.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazon and best buy have 149.99 and 299.99 editions available....been available since like saturday. Only someone thirty for Spongbob would ever pay those prices. Who ever publishing the game must be crazy. i wouldn’t pay more than 20 bucks for a nearly 3 gen old spongbob game.

Last edited by chartube12,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a new Spongebob movie coming makes sense to remaster a classic considering how well received Crash and Spyro did ,plus with gaming budgets skyrocketing for next gen companies need to grab quick cash , but as long as the ports are great I say keep them coming but add new content and maybe a new game /dlc with same engine :yayswitch:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: sadly, the clouds are setting in now hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe...