OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_37-620x.jpg

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past week and a half, you should know by now that Nintendo has finally started revealing new details for the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Earlier this week, gamers around the world found out about the home town of Skyloft, and vital details to Link's latest adventure where Zelda is once again, kidnapped. Since then, we've seen numerous new screenshots and images, and yesterday even had the full intro of the game uploaded, revealing the backstory to what may be the greatest Zelda yet.

Today, Nintendo appears to have lifted their embargo partially for the media members that were allowed to play nine straight hours of the game earlier this week, allowing even more details regarding the game to be revealed to us gamers. Two new trailers have been uploaded to the Internet, depicting the land below the clouds of the sky world, as well as the game's first dungeon. A gameplay mechanic known as dowsing allows players to use the sword to search their surroundings for the direction in which they need to go, and may also be used to uncover certain hidden items. Dowsing may have replaced the compasses found in past Zelda titles. Secondly, it has been revealed that the first dungeon of the game will be known as the Skyview Temple. This dungeon has had parts showcased at past events like E3 2011 and Comic-Con. Destructoid was quick to note that the puzzles and enemies leading up and through the first dungeon are surprisingly difficult and devious, leading to speculation that Skyward Sword might be the toughest Zelda game to date.

More details are likely to emerge in the next few weeks leading up to the launch of the game in late November.

Check out the source, where Destructoid does a full preview of this section of the game, if you are interested in knowing more.

icon11.gif
Source

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That little beetle thing is so cool. :>

It's a little hard for me to not get excited whenever there are more announcements about this game.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sigh... I was so close to not having to hook up my Wii again, but with Skyward Sword, I am soooooooo looking forward to playing it. This game looks amazing, the music has captivated me and I will be buying this game, the first wii game I have bought since Brawl. There is simply nothing like Zelda on the 360 (which I play predominantly now) and I realise how much I have missed this series.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that they're referring to the 3D Zeldas, which are all pretty easy.

Having a console game that is hard is considered blasphemy.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda 1= Difficult
Skyward Sword=Chuck Norris Difficult :p1ng:?

It'll still be awesome though :yay:

sorry guy...but if Zelda 1 = Difficult...you have some issues...
Zelda 1 was easy even back before you could go on the internet and look up dungeon and item locations. To be honest, the only Zelda game that had any difficulty was Zelda II and that only came from the final dungeon.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I'm not a huge LoZ fan, and this art style is getting to me (the environments look nice, but there is just something wrong about the faces), but I'm sure it will be fine.

Though really... spoilers? Considering that these games really don't have much in the way of plots beyond "Zelda's kidnapped, fight bad guys" and that they've only shown the very beginning of the game, there really isn't a whole lot to spoil here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1