[SPOILERS] Even More Skyward Sword Details Emerge

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CarbonX13, Oct 8, 2011.

1. CarbonX13
    OP

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    [​IMG]

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past week and a half, you should know by now that Nintendo has finally started revealing new details for the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Earlier this week, gamers around the world found out about the home town of Skyloft, and vital details to Link's latest adventure where Zelda is once again, kidnapped. Since then, we've seen numerous new screenshots and images, and yesterday even had the full intro of the game uploaded, revealing the backstory to what may be the greatest Zelda yet.

Today, Nintendo appears to have lifted their embargo partially for the media members that were allowed to play nine straight hours of the game earlier this week, allowing even more details regarding the game to be revealed to us gamers. Two new trailers have been uploaded to the Internet, depicting the land below the clouds of the sky world, as well as the game's first dungeon. A gameplay mechanic known as dowsing allows players to use the sword to search their surroundings for the direction in which they need to go, and may also be used to uncover certain hidden items. Dowsing may have replaced the compasses found in past Zelda titles. Secondly, it has been revealed that the first dungeon of the game will be known as the Skyview Temple. This dungeon has had parts showcased at past events like E3 2011 and Comic-Con. Destructoid was quick to note that the puzzles and enemies leading up and through the first dungeon are surprisingly difficult and devious, leading to speculation that Skyward Sword might be the toughest Zelda game to date.

More details are likely to emerge in the next few weeks leading up to the launch of the game in late November.

Check out the source, where Destructoid does a full preview of this section of the game, if you are interested in knowing more.

[​IMG] Source

2. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    Jesus looking good therei wanted to see the en of the fight

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    That little beetle thing is so cool. :>

It's a little hard for me to not get excited whenever there are more announcements about this game.

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Sigh... I was so close to not having to hook up my Wii again, but with Skyward Sword, I am soooooooo looking forward to playing it. This game looks amazing, the music has captivated me and I will be buying this game, the first wii game I have bought since Brawl. There is simply nothing like Zelda on the 360 (which I play predominantly now) and I realise how much I have missed this series.

5. naruses

Member naruses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think I will pick up my wii from the closet for a few weeks!

6. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Toughest Zelda game to date?...

That could be a good thing... and a bad thing. A Link To The Past was pretty god damn hard in my opinion.

7. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States

O_O If this turns out to be true, this will be a must buy for me.

That said, I doubt it, it'll have a tough time outclassing Zelda II.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I'm pretty sure that they're referring to the 3D Zeldas, which are all pretty easy.

Having a console game that is hard is considered blasphemy.

9. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Zelda 1= Difficult
    Skyward Sword=Chuck Norris Difficult :p1ng:?

It'll still be awesome though :yay:

10. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    sorry guy...but if Zelda 1 = Difficult...you have some issues...
    Zelda 1 was easy even back before you could go on the internet and look up dungeon and item locations. To be honest, the only Zelda game that had any difficulty was Zelda II and that only came from the final dungeon.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    was tht statement zelda 1 = difficult or rather zelda =/= difficult like programmers like != which means not.

i like the details, defintely new things coming up

12. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Meh. I'm not a huge LoZ fan, and this art style is getting to me (the environments look nice, but there is just something wrong about the faces), but I'm sure it will be fine.

Though really... spoilers? Considering that these games really don't have much in the way of plots beyond "Zelda's kidnapped, fight bad guys" and that they've only shown the very beginning of the game, there really isn't a whole lot to spoil here