thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

So, I have a problem.
I'm suffering from split second disconnects. It doesn't disconnect mIRC and Steam. Discord gets a very low signal for a second, Twitch streams starts to buffer infinite until I refresh when a split second disconnect happens, and streaming itself.

Weird thing is, split second disconnects doesn't happen after 10PM my time.
So finally I can watch and stream on Twitch what I want, but it's damn late obviously.

So... why do I disconnect everytime? Whatś the cause of it?
I'm using ethernet cable ofcourse, and it's just weird it doesn't happen after 10PM anymore.

What can I do to prevent disconnecting on whatever time?
Should I call my ISP or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You should call your ISP who can look for any instability in network traffic between them and your telephone exchange, but there are a couple other routine things you can do to narrow down the possibilities.

First check if the issue is isolated to your computer or all devices (e.g. Smartphone). And if you share your internet with others (family, flat mates, dorm mates, etc) check if they're affected too.

Second is unplug and replug everything. Unplug the Ethernet cable from both ends. Unplug your router's internet cable (whether it's ADSL, cable or Ethernet) and replug it. Check the routers temperature and power cycle it too. And if you use a separate modem, do the same for that. The point is to clear any static electricity that might cause interference to the signal whilst also making sure everything is plugged in properly.

Also, make sure all your chipset and network drivers are up to date.

If none of that helps, then you may need to change the cables, the routers, or maybe even your network controller/device.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of ISP do you have? If it's cable, that sort of connection can get messed up if too many people in your neighborhood are using it at the same time. The way you say this stuff stops at 10pm makes me wonder if there aren't a lot of kids watching stuff on tablets or whatever but they have to go to bed at 10. Just a theory, and if your ISP isn't cable, probably not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up