ROM Hack Spirit Tracks...new anti-piracy?

HanFreakinSolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm playing the Xenophobia version with the Xenophobia patch, and everything was working fine UNTIL...

I got to the spirit tower for the first time, when I killed the first phantom and went through the door to the next level, I got a black screen. I could still hear the music but I couldn't see anything and couldn't move, and the screen wouldn't restore.

Is anybody else having this problem, and how can it be fixed?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Does this happen every time?

Or in expert terms: Can you reproduce the aforementioned anti-piracy measure that you claim exists in this game?
lecture.gif

HanFreakinSolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, so far it's happened every time. I just assumed it was some sort of anti-piracy measure. I tried recracking a different rom download and starting a new save file, just to make sure. I'm just meeting Zelda for the first time now, so I'm almost at the point it was freezing. I'll let you know if it happens again.

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosBoi said:
It could be the brand of your SD Card. I'm using a 1GB SanDisk MicroSD since my 1GB Kingston tends to freeze some of my games at certain points.
I'm using 2GB Kingston FAT16 and rulz
lecture.gif
... that's strange. My Sandisk died T_T in a "traffic accident" (with SC DS ONE's wharf xd)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an R4 with YSMenu. So far so good - I got passed where you thought had Anti Piracy.

EDIT: It's either your...

1) microSD card - try using another microSD card to see if it works or not
2) maybe it's your flash card - try getting a new flash card (You also forgot to tell us which flash card you were using)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night