Spike Chunsoft to localize Zero Escape creator's new game, AI: The Somnium Files

Kotaro Uchikoshi is well-known in the Japanese games industry for creating the beloved Zero Escape series and the Infinity visual novel franchise. His latest project is called AI: The Somnium Files, and is a neo-noir game about a detective investigating the mystery behind a set of murders, and finding the serial killer responsible. Uchikoshi is the lead director and scenario writer, and art direction will be handled by Yusuke Kozaki, character designer from the Fire Emblem series. Spike Chunsoft will be translating AI: The Somnium Files, which will release on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on July 25th worldwide.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Same, although I'd rather it was the same character designer as Zero's Escape instead, I hate Fire Emblem designs, just unoriginal for the most part if not very stereotypical on top...

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same, although I'd rather it was the same character designer as Zero's Escape instead, I hate Fire Emblem designs, just unoriginal for the most part if not very stereotypical on top...
I agree. The face of the protagonist reminded me of someone the same second I saw him.

It's the Dragon Ball disease all over again. I look at you, Dragon Quest.

Reactions: Mylink5 and ThoD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Spoiler: He from an alternate timeline is the serial killer.
And he only committed the serial killings to find out of he could solve the ultimate murder mystery.

Reactions: hamohamo

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard Zero Time Dilemma was not nearly as well-regarded as 999 or Virtue's Last Reward.
I haven't played 999 or virtue's last reward yet, but i can assure you that zero time dilemma is really worth your time and in my opnion really damn good. You can give danganronpa a chance too. It's incredibly good.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loved that crossbow to the Spike Chunsoft logo. :D

I heard Zero Time Dilemma was not nearly as well-regarded as 999 or Virtue's Last Reward.
Maybe slightly less well-regarded, but I doubt it's by much. The main difference is ZTD uses animated cutscenes instead of text for its novel sections, which brings some pros and cons. I also found the Holy Shit moments in ZTD to be slightly less impactful. Other than that, the gameplay an story quality are on par with its predecessors.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The animations were stiff and really hard to look at. That's what many people turned off, even the Visual Novel fans.

Storywise.. well, let's say there are some "funny" decisions. ;-)

Vivisector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it'll be any good. I got Zero Time Dillema as a PS+ game for Vita and after finishing it I knew I had to play the rest of the games. I'm working through 999 on my Vita right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o