Hardware SPECULATION: The Switch will NOT have a touch screen.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
"Sure but Nintendo didn't say it didn't have a touch screen so you are wr-" No, the Switch will not have a touch screen and here is why. Let's take a look at the Wii U, the gimmick was you would have a gamepad that would have a touch screen in the middle of the device. This was part of the console. Now let's take a look at the Switch, the switch has a gamepad of a sort but is only there because you can play on the go with it. No tell me, do you have a TV with a touch screen and do ALL your friends, family and even strangers you know have one? No. If the Switch had a touch screen it would be a gimmick because you would need to switch to the handheld gamestyle just to do a certain task. Now what Nintendo could do would make a accessory that is like a drawing tablet so games that do need a touch screen can do that. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Stop saying it won't or it will.

Quiet frankly we don't have a damn clue. You have no more evidence one way or another.
Have you even read my post? It seems like you didn't. But you are right I don't have concrete evidence it won't but it would be a stupid business idea if it did have one not as a accessory.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vita has two touch screens, and they mean jack shit except in maybe two games. Doesn't mean they don't want to have touch screen options for on the go use.

I'm just saying, we have no clue one way or another, so don't go saying it will or won't.

D

Deleted User

Err, what? First of all, thanks for luring me in with your clickbait title OP; literally, thanks to the "PSA:" bit I thought it was going to be official. But no... it's just more fruitless speculation once again...

Let Nintendo unveil it bit by bit themselves.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
The vita has two touch screens, and they mean jack shit except in maybe two games. Doesn't mean they don't want to have touch screen options for on the go use.

I'm just saying, we have no clue one way or another, so don't go saying it will or won't.
Yeah but if you're putting the Switch in home console mode you can't even see the tablet screen let alone getting up from your seat and touch it.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that doesn't mean it won't have some advantage in tablet mode, even if it's just as something as choosing an app or hitting play on netflix.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Err, what? First of all, thanks for luring me in with your clickbait title OP; literally, thanks to the "PSA:" bit I thought it was going to be official. But no... it's just more fruitless speculation once again...

Let Nintendo unveil it bit by bit themselves.
Sorry, i'll change the title asap.

Reactions: Deleted User

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever seen any tablet without a touch screen? It will have one simply because it can even if not a single game uses it. It just wouldn't make any sense to not include one.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Have you ever seen any tablet without a touch screen? It will have one simply because it can even if not a single game uses it. It just wouldn't make any sense to not include one.
But this would defeat Switchs nice non-gimmick record persay, you would have to make it handheld which might have a small battery time and would be smaller than a big tv just to touch the screen. Like i said they could make a accessory for a alternative.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bet this dude's father works at nintendo and he was told it dont have a touch screen so shit i guess it's concrete now huh

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
While what you say about not being able to use the hypothetical touchscreen of the Nintwitch while docked (I'm going to ignore your exaggeration about having a touch capable tv) I have to disagree with you.

The Nintwitch could perfectly posses a touchscreen BUT not use it as a direct way to interact with the games, it could be used as virtual controls if you run out of battery of one or both joycons or if you simply don't want to use them/lug them around while you are outside.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it has a touch screen. They will just make it optional for most games. Having a portable tablet like device not be touch screen would kill it faster then anything. Plus why would they put time and resources towards mobile development for phones, and most likely tablets, if it wont be touch screen? And I'm sure there will be a way to connect to the dock from a distance so you can use the system as a controller with a touch screen. How else would you play wiiU games that I'm positive they are going to port over?

Last edited by VincentBeasley,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
While what you say about not being able to use the hypothetical touchscreen of the Nintwitch while docked (I'm going to ignore your exaggeration about having a touch capable tv) I have to disagree with you.

The Nintwitch could perfectly posses a touchscreen BUT not use it as a direct way to interact with the games, it could be used as virtual controls if you run out of battery of one or both joycons or if you simply don't want to use them/lug them around while you are outside.
That is what i was just thinking, and it does make since. Like if you had a youtube app you would use that to search or press buttons, but i don't think it would be a mechanic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i bet the OP $5 paypal that it DOES have a touch screen.
the OP can pm me within 48 hours to accept.
Jokes on you, i don't have a paypal!

But i don't have 5$ i can throw away either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.