Hacking Spare DSi Battery Offical vs 3rd Party Which to Buy?

elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use my DSi alot, and I am often away from a plug, usb port, or car charger and need a spare battery. I have the right sized screwdriver to open the case cover, already tried, BUT here is my question. Should I get the lower mAh Offical pack from Nintendo or a High mAh 3rd Party pack from a website like Amazon or a mod site? I know that there are rumors the 3rd party packs do not actually last as long as the offical packs even though they have higher mAh's but I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? I am leaning towards the offical pack but the higher mAh and longer battery life would be nice if it is for real. Could someone shine tell me if the 3rd party packs are good or not and if so which ones are good and where to get them so I can order it soon. Thanks for the help all. Have a good one. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
go for the official pack from nintendo, if you use a third party battery you void your warranty (or so i'm told) and as you say, there's no guarantee it will last longer.
Where did you hear that? Sounds like nonsense to me.

elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will go for the offical pack it sounds safer and smarter and I was leaning that way anyways. I don't know about the warranty thing but I would rather error on the side of caution and since the rumor of low battery life of the 3rd party packs cannot be disproven I am not going to risk it just for a mere $3 difference and 400mAh more. Thanks all. Later.

Elmoreas

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
scrtmstr said:
go for the official pack from nintendo, if you use a third party battery you void your warranty (or so i'm told) and as you say, there's no guarantee it will last longer.
Where did you hear that? Sounds like nonsense to me.

Just about anything can void your warranty, even using screen protectors.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, go for the original Nintendo battery. You wouldn't want to waste 180 dollars, now would you? 3rd party batteries can do damage if you don't use them correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1