• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Spain beats England to win the Euros

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man I thought it was only us 'Brits' that were ignorant to borders.... NO SCOTLAND NO PARTY!! :toot::grog::teach::rofl2:

All being said and done, England played the final the same way they played the tournament... Never really turned up but were still in it. I said a few months back that Palmer kids too good for Chelsea and if you just let yourselves off the leash... I fear for the World Cup. You done yourselves proud. I'm just so happy I don't need to avoid the media for the next 2 years :rofl2:

• Love
Reactions: Maximumbeans

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

miniminx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A history book would do you good

But tl;dr

https://arethebritsatitagain.org/
To be fair a map would do you good, There's 4 countries in the GB/UK, England is just one of them. When England play another team they are representing England - not GB. So it's harldy like the "Brits" are getting what's coming to them. If anything people in Scotland/Wales and Northern Ireland were cheering for the Spanish.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must have a seriously low opinion of me if you think I don't know about The Troubles, though quite how that proves 'GB' (I assume you mean English) occupation of other countries is admittedly beyond me.
I dunno, I'm not going to fight about it because of course I can't and won't defend poor actions of the past. Just sucks to know I'd be automatically hated by members I thought I got on with here simply because of where I happened to be born.

Last edited by Maximumbeans,
Reactions: IncredulousP

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best team won, and I think the Spanish are probably gonna dominate the international scene for some time - fully deserved to lift the cup (though I suspect the Germans won't be too happy with that comment hehe)

'Brits' though...:lol:
You must have a seriously low opinion of me if you think I don't know about The Troubles.
I dunno, I'm not going to fight about it because of course I can't and won't defend those actions. Just sucks to know I'd be automatically hated by members I thought I got on with here simply because of where I happened to be born.
Woah dude you could do with chilling out... As could the OP I suppose, though he's clearly out to wind us 'Brits' up (probably doing a better job on the Jocks, without requiring any links!)

As for 'The Troubles' I'm half NI (my mum comes from there) - like most things, there's an awful lot more to it than (I suspect) the links give, especially in terms of the here and now. And yes the 'Brits' could've done a better job in hindsight, but.... this isn't the place for tha--no wait, fukk me it's in the politics section, wtf... as you were then! :lol:

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woah dude you could do with chilling out... As could the OP I suppose, though he's clearly out to wind us 'Brits' up (probably doing a better job on the Jocks, without requiring any links!)

As for 'The Troubles' I'm half NI (my mum comes from there) - like most things, there's an awful lot more to it than (I suspect) the links give, especially in terms of the here and now. And yes the 'Brits' could've done a better job in hindsight, but.... this isn't the place for tha--no wait, fukk me it's in the politics section, wtf... as you were then! :lol:
Chill as a cucumber mate, don't mistake anything I said for anger. It's just kind of weird when you have good interactions with people here then get hate is all, but whatever ultimately I guess.

Though I didn't notice it was politics either, so guess it's par for the course.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I speak for all of us when I say, I am happy to see the Brits get what's coming to them

https://apnews.com/article/spain-england-euro-2024-final-dc46b104e6bf3b94b7d6d70e18f8220d

And you?
No. While not a soccer/football fan (or "sports" in general), just some friends turned me into it, so i was cheering for England actually.. Though both played well and it could've gone either way imo.
Just sucks to know I'd be automatically hated by members I thought I got on with here simply because of where I happened to be born.
Regardless of where this thread was/is posted, i think x65 is just pulling your chain. He's too smart for that.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I only cut myself once slicing melons progress