Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zuron7 said:
So we have to start producing virtual children now.

lol

We already have virtual girlfriends, virtual wives (just ask me I seen the wedding and vacation videos), and now virtual children. Where's the virtual pregnancy simulator?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
zuron7 said:
So we have to start producing virtual children now.

lol

We already have virtual girlfriends, virtual wives (just ask me I seen the wedding and vacation videos), and now virtual children. Where's the virtual pregnancy simulator?

New Wii game for 2011.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note people.

Games don't kill people. People kill people

SK people aren't evil because 2 of them are retard sociopaths. Live life and go on. If you become addicted to games, you are the problem, not games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE said:
Sometimes, stories about video game addiction are alarmist malarkey to bump up ratings. Other times, they're just flat-out tragic: The Next Web reports that a couple in South Korea has been arrested for allegedly allowing their prematurely born baby to starve to death while they were busy tending to a virtual kid at an Internet café.

The couple reportedly fed their baby only once a day between 12-hour stretches of play-time with a popular role-playing game called Prius Online, in which they were busy raising a virtual kid. The autopsy report of their baby showed the death was a result of a long period of malnutrition.

"The couple seemed to have lost their will to live a normal life, because they didn't have jobs and gave birth to a premature baby," said South Korean police officer Chung Jin-won. "They indulged themselves in the online game of raising a virtual character so as to escape from reality, which led to the death of their real baby."

This of course isn't the first report of online and game addiction leading to tragic results in South Korea -- back in 2005, a gamer who played StarCraft for 50 hours straight died after suffering cardiac arrest. They even opened the "Jump Up Internet Addiction" school -- a boot camp of sorts for people suffering online and gaming addiction -- in South Korea in 2007.

Source

It always happens in South Korea for some reason. This is just fucking sad. No cynical comment here. These people are just pricks.

The story is sad, yep. But you know, some people are like that in the world. People can't accept reality and live like that. I've seen these kinds of stories before.

And it always happen in South Korea? Guild McIgnorant does it again. That's totally why the suicides in Japan doesn't exist, and that guy from China dying from playing video games non-stop doesn't exist either. Oh oh, how about that one American who killed his parents for taking away Halo? Then there's that Canadian who ran away from home when his video game console was taken away. Doesn't happen in just one goddamn country. Aren't those sad too? Yes, they are different things, but you know what? People result in death either way. It happens everywhere else, stop being such a fucking idiot.

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
But south Korea goes that one step further
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they have done the same thing we are doing, but the effects were worst... what i mean is wasting time playing games for too long is something we should be careful of too bcz maybe in the future it may become an addiction and we may end up losing something important
this is only one incident tht has been reported now but there may be so many which we dont know of

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
The story is sad, yep. But you know, some people are like that in the world. People can't accept reality and live like that. I've seen these kinds of stories before.

And it always happen in South Korea? Guild McIgnorant does it again. That's totally why the suicides in Japan doesn't exist, and that guy from China dying from playing video games non-stop doesn't exist either. Oh oh, how about that one American who killed his parents for taking away Halo? Then there's that Canadian who ran away from home when his video game console was taken away. Doesn't happen in just one goddamn country. Aren't those sad too? Yes, they are different things, but you know what? People result in death either way. It happens everywhere else, stop being such a fucking idiot.

If you read the article you would've seen the story about the South Korean kid dying after 50 hours of Starfcraft. I didn't mean it as being racist, I meant it as in there's a lot of gaming and internet related problems in South Korea.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MuppetInvasion said:
They let their child die so they could play with rocks. That's about how it boils down to when you realize humans are just animals.

QUOTE(ZeroTm @ Mar 6 2010, 10:52 PM) Humans never cease to make me sick. That's is just disgusting.

If 'humans' are so bad, it shouldn't matter that this little one died, no?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twelve hours in between each feeding? Holy shit, my brother's baby needs to eat every two to three hours!

I don't think they were being neglectful, I think they just didn't care. Plenty of people here care about real life, therefore we get off of our asses and do shit. These people had no jobs. It's not that raising a virtual child was important to them, it's just that they don't give a fuck enough to do anything about their real life problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo