South Korean couple neglects child to death for video games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Mar 7, 2010.

1. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    that's just cruel.

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Mysterio

Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2008
    Qatar
    Unknown
    This is just depresssing. Why are some people so idiotic??

3. Uncle FEFL

Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    PM me for Social Security information
    I suppose. I consider not caring to be slightly more intense, if that makes any sense at all. For example, neglect: "Eh, they'll manage without food for a week or so." Not caring: "I really don't know or care when or if they even eat."

4. outgum

outgum Pokemanz Master

Sep 22, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    Guild McIgnorant?
    How original...

Guild doesnt NEED Defending he can do it on himself, but i need to jump in and just say ojsinnerz, its called an example. If you had read his post and understood his post you would of seen that. what would you have rather his example be? Oh.. A Sheep died in New Zealand from not eating too?

You kinda need to get over yourself IMO. Its reality, when something APPEARS to happen in a location more often, it gets mentioned more often.
    If your going to try name calling and attacking people, Attack the Media.

Also...

U MAD?

5. Fabis94

Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Jan 5, 2009
    Jesus, that's sick.

THIS is what you call addiction.

6. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    People obviously took my comment out of context. I was just thinking about the kid who died from Starcraft and that's what I meant about my comment. I didn't mean anything in regards to "Oh Koreans suck because they play video games all day lolol" or anything racially offensive. Since people obviously feel offended, I'll remove my comment/edit it appropriately. Anyway, let's just leave it at that, and while I appreciate your concern, it's better to ignore it and for us to all stay on topic. M'kay?

EDIT: Anyway, on topic, I can't believe they would do such prolonged abuse. This is sickening. They only fed their baby once a day. Once. It's just disgusting. I hope they get a deserved punishment. If they didn't want the kid or knew they couldn't care for him properly, at least give him to a service that could.

7. outgum

outgum Pokemanz Master

Sep 22, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    What i dont understand is how could they put up with the crying O_O and be able to possibly ignore that for so long... i mean, how hard is it to fed a baby!

All the mother needed to do as sit the baby on her lap while she played and the baby could work out where to eat from, i mean really.

they were USELESS parents.

8. Acetic Orcein

Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2008
    Earth
    This is really awful [​IMG]

9. Shakraka

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 19, 2015
  10. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Then what do they count as?

Walruses?

11. MuppetInvasion

MuppetInvasion Banned

Banned
    Sep 30, 2008
    Australia
    Too the points above: Yes, humans are just animals, but we still feel and hurt and live, and we have a duty to ourselves to love and reproduce, so this one child does matter.

Now to my other point-

MAYBE (not saying definitely!) it was better for the child to die then live with the parents.

It's parents didn't have a job
    It was born premature. (Higher chance of him dying, This may not have happened with a regular baby)
    It's parents played video games nonstop.

When your parents cant even feed you to keep you alive, think of the life he would have lived!

12. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Sigh. How fucking original. You think you're so funny and original? SO RANDUM XD LOLOLOLOLOL. MAN I PWN'D HIM SOOO GOOD. MAN, EVERYONE. I OWNED SOME RANDOM STRANGER ON THE INTERNET! BUY ME SOME COFFEE FROM MCDONALDS. Fuck off with the U Mad? Not just you, but almost everyone here. I'm fucking sick and tired of idiots thinking they're hilarious by saying that. Guild, Vidboy, you, and everyone else. Just shut the fuck up the U mad.

Oh by the way, I don't have a problem with how the original post is now, because it's a satisfactory change.

SOUTH KOREANS ARE SOOOOOO EVIL.

13. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Drop the issue. It's over with. Get on topic. If you have a problem with me then don't bring it here.

Don't derail the thread.

14. o0ICE0o

o0ICE0o GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2010
    United States
    People like this couple should be neutered.

15. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Can't you fucking read? I already said that I dropped the issue.

Anyway, MuppetInvasion is correct. I don't want to sound like some brutal heartless asshole, but the child would have died either way.

16. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    thats not true at all the parents could have easily given their kid away to be adopted...the kid would have had a good chance of living had someone intervened and reported them for doing that...its not that they neglected the kid for the game its they didnt give a shit about the kid to begin with.

17. MuppetInvasion

MuppetInvasion Banned

Banned
    Sep 30, 2008
    Australia
    Well sadly it's most certainly too late for could'ves

Thing is, they WOULDN'T have given their child up for adoption because in their eyes they were perfectly fine, they weren't anything like drug dealers or pedophiles.

18. Uncle FEFL

Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    PM me for Social Security information
    Can you guys calm down?

@MuppetInvasion: They never stated they were good parents. In fact, there are no quotes from them; don't post nonsense. No one knows what they were thinking. My opinion is leaning towards "Our baby is premature, we don't have jobs. Fuck life, and everything that comes with it." Of course, that may be false as well.

19. MuppetInvasion

MuppetInvasion Banned

Banned
    Sep 30, 2008
    Australia
    Well you dont really need them to quote, how many parents say 'We just flat out dont care about our baby and dont give a shit about how its going to be raised'

20. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Again, another tragedy is being unnecessarily blamed on video games.
    Seems to me the parents were just plain scum.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted