Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a PC tool which enables generating a splash.bin or do I have to stick to ThemeHaxManager for now?

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by SkyDX,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip! :) This one? http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php

If so, how would I go about this? I don't find any option in the GUI that could do this other than "Save As..." so do I simply go about: "Save As..." --> Splash.bin?
Yes that one. And no it isn't as simple as "Save As..." (not that I'm aware of anyway)... you use the "convert" tool that is installed with Imagemagick like so... for example... convert input.png -rotate 90 output.bgr then rename the output.bgr to output.bin

If you have photoshop, just invert rbg, rotate 90°, save as .rgb, rename to .bin, done
You sure that works? the 3ds framebuffer is BGR not RGB i believe. (just asking, i haven't actually tried it that way).

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have photoshop, just invert brg, rotate 90°, save as .rgb, rename to .bin, done

Thanks but my Photoshop has no Save As .rgb option o.o

Yes that one. And no it isn't as simple as "Save As..." (not that I'm aware of anyway)... you use the "convert" tool that is installed with Imagemagick like so... for example... convert input.png -rotate 90 output.bgr then rename the output.bgr to output.bin

You sure that works? the 3ds framebuffer is BGR not RGB i believe. (just asking, i haven't actually tried it that way).

Thanks to you too, via the command-line it worked straight away :D

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a. Another second rate .cia manager from Rinnegatamante.

b. You can't, because it's not open source. You'll have to wait for @cell9 to update it.

If you and your team have a better method you'd like to share with the community, then by all means, please do.

If all you have to contribute is snarky comments, then please don't.

Nintendo don't provide a version number when you check for an update, nor any other information for that matter. From memory, when you press the update button your 3DS updates if there's a newer version available. There's no confirmation screen or any chance to back out after you've pressed update.

Perfect. I'm sure others will appreciate this too.

The shitty, hardcoded RAM dumping and (Pokemon only) screenshot "features" you've removed are precisely why I use CakesFW over reiNAND. Previous requests by the community to remove the splash screen have also been dismissed in the past.

In my opinion, your build is how the official release should be. Thank you.
Thank you, I actually made this build for myself because I didn't need those features, and then I thought it could have been useful for others. However I really think this is @Reisyukaku's work, so he decides on the features. He was the first to release CFW for New 3DS, and now 9.6 emuNAND; he could have chosen not to release anything, like others did, so we should be thankful.

Reactions: peteruk

notsoinsane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that reinand supports 10.3 for the emunand is it possible to do a system transfer from an unhacked O3DS XL running 10.3U OFW to a N3DS XL emunand running 10.3U?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atm, I don't plan on installing anything but I downloaded the 2CIA, if I encounter some strange issues, I'll try to install that. (I downloaded 0004001B00010802.cia and 0004009B00010402.cia)
Do you have more information about the amibo cia? (Which version should be factory installed on 9.0-9.2 european systems?)

Yea yea, it works well :P
From what I am seeing, the amiibo setting should not be installed. It's weird though. I have only been able to check two NANDS, one from USA (my own) and one from EUR (provided by another user for this purpose) and my USA system had a stub version installed, and the EUR system didn't have anything installed. I THINK you can safely remove it from a 9.0/9.2 system.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks! Are these newer than this one?
Here is an "all-in-one".

If you want the splash screen and the prompt to press start, copy both folders and reiNand.dat to your sd card.

If you want autoboot with a splash screen, copy both folders and reiNand(autoboot with splash).dat to your sd card and rename the file to reiNand.dat

If you want autoboot without a splash screen, copy both folders and reiNand(autoboot no splash).dat to your sd card and rename the file to reiNand.dat, and then delete splash.bin from the "rei" folder.

As always, grab firmware.bin from the link on the github page and place it in the "rei" folder.
Also, do they contain the fixed string replacement?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work