Soulja Boy Launches 'Pirated' Video Gaming Consoles

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by garyopa, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Better plan: Just do it in China and skip the lawsuit entirely. Unless you decide to copy a Chinese company's stuff, that is. I've heard that they don't like that.

Last edited by ChaosEternal, Dec 7, 2018
  2. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    rule 71 if you want your rapping carrier to go down in flames sell a video game system thats preloaded with warez (I hope he did this as an FU to them for all the fan games they killed (besides being an iillegal cash grab he would've been better off selling drugs)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

3. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Nintendo releases a china 'mp3/mp4 player' with all of Soulija Boy albums and music videos on it, they sue each other, and settle out of court. :)

4. MeteoXavier

MeteoXavier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    United States
    I wish I had gotten to this site earlier to read about this - all the possible responses to it are taken.

I guess all that's left to ask is when the hell "Soulija" Boy added an "i" to that name? Even "eye" doesn't have an "i" in it!

5. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    crank that pirate gamez

6. Fusion

Fusion On/Off GBA-Temp'er

Nov 7, 2002
    I think it should be crack those pirate games, as he busts out more games for the revisions :D

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Well he had to do something, given he has absolutely no talent in the music industry.

8. genxor

genxor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2006
    Lawya boys tell 'im

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N likes this.
  9. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    what's the list of games?

10. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    NOW WATCH ME SUEEEE

11. grey72

grey72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    He wanted attention, and he's gonna get it - from ninty's lawyers. I'm gonna enjoy seeing his metaphorical ass whooping.

12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    If he launched them with ROMs on em, that's balls... If no ROMs came on them, then who cares? Let him live in the moment and get that bread.

13. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2017
    Korea, North
    Why is it spelled "Soulija" here?
    I googled it and everyone else spells it "Soulja".

14. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Surely he wouldn't be stupid enough to launch a console with a shit ton of Nintendo, Sony, Sega, etc games on it, right? Does he not have a lawyer, who will warn him of how bat shit insane his idea is, and that he'll get sued into the poor house?

15. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    of course he did. He just took some cheap chinese knock of consoles, bought them in bulk on alibaba, marked up the price about 200% and sells them under his name.

I'd guess he's not even repackaging these things.

If you take a look at the shopping poage of soulja boy, you'll find these are pretty much exactly these two items:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...-Video-Game-Retro-Handheld/1000005649678.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ret...-800-Classical-Games-for-PS1/32869617870.html

even his "SouljaWatch" looks like a generic chinese smartwatch available for $5:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sli...SIM-TF-Camera-Smartwatch-For/32854809679.html

PS: The RS-97 (handheld one) is even half decent once you install a custom dingux firmware.

EDIT:

basically everything in his shop is just some generic item from china marked up about 100%. These are not designed for, by or with soulja boy. The only thing I wasn't able to find was his SouljaHeadphones, there are just way too many generic headphones out there, not going to bother with this.

"SouljaPhone": https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOM...Display-Octa-core-13MP-Front/32859866252.html
    "SouljaPods": https://www.aliexpress.com/item/I7s...ireless-For-Iphone-For-Apple/32933079187.html
    "SouljaPad": https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-3...a-tab-gift-for-baby-and-kids/32719790879.html
    "SouljaHeadphones": https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...c-Support-TF-Card-for-iPhone/32757109028.html

Last edited by Localhorst86, Dec 7, 2018
  16. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I can’t wait to see if Nintendo really has the balls for this. Will they sue him just like they did with rom sites or will they fear the fans?

Sue him and then make Nintendo direct in wich you take a shit on the console.

CallmeBerto and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  17. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Buy 'em off Aliexpress then sell as if they were your own. Hope that Nintendo, SEGA and Sony are getting their lawsuits ready to take him to court. haha

Precisely. Some people are too naive.

Oh, the colorful, MLP, obnoxious 'rapper' or whatever he calls himself.

Guess you never heard of Aliexpress, GearBest, Alibaba, Rosegal, eBay, Amazon or other online retailers. These are pirated consoles with "800-in-1" games.

He's asking to get sued and he surely deserves. I've not heard the name "Soulja Boy" in a long time so this is how he's rebooting himself. lol

18. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    This has got to be the most bizarre thing I've read about today. Is Soulja Boy trying to be relevant again?

CallmeBerto and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  19. Catsinabucket

Catsinabucket Permanently Uncertain

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    What timeline is this

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  20. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    He'll try to be a YouTube star after he gets sued by Nintendo. lol