SOPA Dropped by Congress

D

Deleted_171835

SOPA isn't dead.
http://judiciary.hou...s/01172012.html

Stop Online Piracy Act Markup to Resume in February

Washington, D.C. — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) today said that he expects the Committee to continue its markup of the Stop Online Piracy Act in February.

Chairman Smith: "To enact legislation that protects consumers, businesses and jobs from foreign thieves who steal America's intellectual property, we will continue to bring together industry representatives and Members to find ways to combat online piracy.

“Due to the Republican and Democratic retreats taking place over the next two weeks, markup of the Stop Online Piracy Act is expected to resume in February.

“I am committed to continuing to work with my colleagues in the House and Senate to send a bipartisan bill to the White House that saves American jobs and protects intellectual property."

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Soulx, I just found that news as well. Here's another article discussing it.

Before a firestorm starts up, some things are worth bearing in mind: 1) These are the actions of one representative out of more than 400 (more than 500 counting the Senate), 2) the White House's opposition still stands, 3) This was bound to happen eventually, it was only an issue of when, and 4) It's in Committee, which is fairly early in the legislative process.

Representative Smith looks to be making a last ditch effort to salvage the bill, delaying it so that people will forget about the Bill once a vote comes up. However, with all of the widespread opposition to the bill and the continued efforts by protesters across the internet, I (again) don't see this going anywhere.

Reactions: 1 person

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
if Americans want to punish someone for stealing their jobs they should throw everyone in the American gov't from the past two terms in jail.

D

Deleted-236924

QuQJp.jpg

'nuff said.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we americans are retarded, we keep electing these jokers into office, we let big banks/buisnesses, stick what ever they like up our a**es, without using vasaline.
yet we sit an complain, an still end up doing the same thing we did before. elected a retard, that just gives us a break from the previous retard
if this isn't retarted then i don't know what is.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QuQJp.jpg
c tha

'nuff said.
It's pathetic that the country that was erected upon the philosophy of personal rights is now having to fight for liberty from their government. It's like history is repeating itself, and nobody cares. The government controls our money, our income, our jobs, and our liberties. We have already lost our public freedom of speech, and then social media was invented. We created our own country, our own refuge from the horrors of the world around us. But just as we escaped the nightmare of politics affecting our lives, the government decides to step in. Piracy is no different than when people sat next to a radio and recorded songs on a Walkman or tape deck. The only difference is the way we do it. We host it and make mass copies. It still hasn't effected the world as to people no longer using itunes and spending money. It's that the government wants to control what little bit of freedom and rights to speech we have. So many uprisings and rebellions in the world lately have probably made them realize that they needed to prevent uprising on social media, which was how the others began. It's sickening.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at all the idiotic tweets in this news article...shame on Twitter for not joining it to ram the point home to those who have no clue what's going on.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look at all the idiotic tweets in this news article...shame on Twitter for not joining it to ram the point home to those who have no clue what's going on.

What a gigantic gathering of retards. If people can't do their homework without wikipedia...they should just drop out of school and stop bothering to waste everyones time, because they're retarded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...