Sony will be taking down the servers for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale soon

Playstation-All-Stars_2799.jpg

Sony's attempt to capture the success of Super Smash Bros. in the form of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale never really worked out. It featured characters from beloved PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, God of War, Sly Cooper, and more, but when it released back in 2012, it found itself receiving unfavorable reviews and mild sales. Six years later, it appears that it's time to shut things down, as Sony has decided to remove online support from the game next month. You'll have until October 25th to play online with friends on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, before that feature is gone for good. The game's main campaign and local multiplayer modes will of course be unaffected after the change.

Warhawk, Drawn to Death, and Twisted Metal will all also suffer the same consequences on the same aforementioned date.

:arrow: Source

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say, i hated the character selection menu of this game SO BADLY. It's so ugly. It's just literally terrible, i can barely express how much of a disappointment it is.

And i don't like the game at all. It tries to mimic something like Super Smash Bros. but it just can't. The gameplay gets quite bland after a while and the characters just doesn't suit so much for a fighting game (most of em, imo)
The creators literally said smash bros was their inspiration for this game and that they wanted to bring a smash bros like game to Sony.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was kind of fun locally with friends, but it definitely didn't have even an ounce of lasting appeal. It was very dry and shallow. But hey, entertained 4 people for a single night. I'll call that a victory.

“You'll have until October 25th to play online with friends on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, before that feature is gone for good.“

You forgot the word “time” in this sentence between “You’ll” and “have”. @Chary

that's...not even remotely how English works.
Even after "have", like I assume you meant yet couldn't express.

Reactions: DS1 and MeAndHax

tj18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a local 4P multiplayer game for me. I own this and honestly never tried the online server access... I guess I have less than 30 days now.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
... you'll time have?
Oh Sorry, didn’t notice it
I meant „you‘ll have time“

It was kind of fun locally with friends, but it definitely didn't have even an ounce of lasting appeal. It was very dry and shallow. But hey, entertained 4 people for a single night. I'll call that a victory.

that's...not even remotely how English works.
Even after "have", like I assume you meant yet couldn't express.
Why is it wrong though?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, even though I found that this game was pretty boring by featuring only one mode (three minutes of time + kills only through special attacks), I have to admit this is the last game featuring the term "Battle Royale" that I would like to see die.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the game "sucked" I'd play it quite a bit on my vita. It's just the wank knock out feature and some characters hit boxes were really out there. Playing Kat was pretty fun, but if all you need is to touch the enemy why play some jank stuff when you could play say ratchet and click who if he ults properly will always kill. I think it was a good game Idea and the graphics were great.Loved fighting at papa rocks, but it needed a better system. If it got remade and all kinks were errored out. I'd play it. Fat Princess was a thot and big daddy was her fucc boi lol

TyGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had some fun with the game on my Vita, though it kinda got stale pretty fast. The weird K.O system was a common complaint and I see why it is. It really could’ve had a better attach rate and overall better reception with some changes here and there and the K.O concept not being as jank, but oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-