1. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    They stated days ago that this was gonna be all about third-party titles, and mostly PS4 games at that. Nobody to blame but yourself if you were expecting the hard sell for PS5 during this presentation. They'll save that for the release date/price reveal stream.

Payne likes this.
  2. Rafciu

Rafciu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Yes i know that but PS4 games also was very weak. Indie and Vr games. We have 3 months till new generation i think on that point Microsoft and Sony should give Us more reasons to buy new console.

3. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    WTF lads, I mean I've quoted this one but there's more posts on here that are similar... the clue was in the description before the video took place - this was a look at 3rd party software, coming soon (with the focus on PS4). Have you all got memories the size of a fish?! Do you not remember the 2 recent similar shows from Nintendo and Microsoft and how amazing they also were...n't?? Yet here some of you are moaning as to why they didn't announce a new GoW this time round....:lol:

Anyway, Crash 4 looks good still, not completely sold on Spelunky 2 though - the sequel to one of my fave games ever, looks like they've fukked it up to me ...but at least I've only got a few weeks before I can find out.

Payne likes this.
  4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    That SoP really wasn't worth the effort... truly meh

5. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    I would never known that game without the Chinese guy who smashed ps4 at Joy China expo!
    Best marketing ever!

6. Alenko

Alenko Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I could argue with you now about your post but it looks to me that you don
    You don't understand the point of the comments. You don't have to present AAA games to make a good show, but what was shown is absolute garbage not worth checking out and I bet 70℅ of the games will get abysmal scores. Sorry for my english its only my 4th language.

7. Payne

Payne Member
    Newcomer

Georgia
    Was interested in Godfall after first announcement, and this gameplay footage got me pretty excited for it.

Aeon Must Die & Anno Mutationen seems like perfect games for switch, nevertheless, these 2 got me excited too.

Everybody loves crash, and so do I.

The Pathless sounds like cool concept, but I think it's underwhelming graphicswise. definitely needs some more work.

pretty normal presentation imo, considering it was 3rd party game showcase .

8. ForgotWhoIam

ForgotWhoIam GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wonder why the first year of a console is almost always horrible. I guess most of the good games just aren't ready that's why consoles are always better in year 2 and beyond. I have 0 interest in buying any next gen at launch. I will wait at least 1 year maybe 2, or maybe a bit longer to get a Slim version that performs better and sometimes its cheaper.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Have a few thoughts, but got to say Bugsnax looks like it could be a fun VR game. If they support it later.

10. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    all i see here are a bunch of people that really need to get into pc gaming.
    so many people here are just bashing on both sony and microsoft

Last edited by 64bitmodels, Aug 8, 2020
    Goku1992A likes this.
  11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    No Sly Cooper, no Jak and Daxter, no Wild Arms, no worthwhile exclusives from Sony. Why do I even bother buying these bloody consoles?

12. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @64bitmodels
    Some people have unrealistic expectations for the next gen this is why they are upset. Keep in mind some of these people still have a shit ton of games they didn't even complete yet but they are looking at next gen. I'm happy with what i have and with the Prices of $500 on launch for a console and $70 for a game I am more than happy to play my old stuff.

I don't need 4K graphics to have fun I can have fun playing Ballon Fight on my switch lite lol

Payne likes this.
  13. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Expected more. But then again ... also did so with Nintendo's event.
    Crash; awesome, hope a Switch port happens.
    The Pathless; looked nice :)
    Genshin; well I'm still interested. And as it is coming to Switch .... I will be getting it.
    Bugsnax; goofy and weird ... could totally see myself playing it.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - roundup, August, State