Sony tries too hard...

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
antonkan said:
I believe that the iPhone/iPod touch is be selling more and become popular than Nintendo DS and PSP. (BTW. Inside my school, some sudents have iPod touches/iPhones.)

So let's hope for Sony to become a big electronic giant.
iPod's are not gaming machines, they are multimedia devices, plus most of the games for it are extremely primitive compared to real handheld games.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
antonkan said:
I believe that the iPhone/iPod touch is be selling more and become popular than Nintendo DS and PSP. (BTW. Inside my school, some sudents have iPod touches/iPhones.)

So let's hope for Sony to become a big electronic giant.
iPod's are not gaming machines, they are multimedia devices, plus most of the games for it are extremely primitive compared to real handheld games.

Already said that...but...yeah

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
So the DS selling so much...made it an abomination? Was it the low backlight? Who cares. It's all the SP had at the time too. It was a full 2 years after the DS Original that the Lite was released. And about 2-2.5 years between the DSLite and the DSi. I don't call that "an abomination. ninty covered that up quickly with release of the lite".

It was 2 years between the 1000 and the 2000. Why? Because the 1000 sucked ass. And then only a single year between 2000 and 3000. Japan never got that or 2000, probably because it sold so poorly compared to the DS. And then only a year between the 3000 and the failure that we have to call the PSPGo. Japan probably isn't getting that either.

Face it, Nintendo did much better then them, and you can't really call something successful(the original DS) an abomination. Not when it sells as much as it did.

PS: There weren't that many "improvements" in the PSP.

so you're saying the original ds phat.... looked aesthetically pleasing? that thing was a damned beast and not in a good way.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm failing to see people's obsession with things being small (...) yet when it comes to phones, iPods, gaming systems, it's all about whatever is easier to lose and less noticable.
Damn straight. Screw portability, amirite?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
shinkukage09 said:
So the DS selling so much...made it an abomination? Was it the low backlight? Who cares. It's all the SP had at the time too. It was a full 2 years after the DS Original that the Lite was released. And about 2-2.5 years between the DSLite and the DSi. I don't call that "an abomination. ninty covered that up quickly with release of the lite".

It was 2 years between the 1000 and the 2000. Why? Because the 1000 sucked ass. And then only a single year between 2000 and 3000. Japan never got that or 2000, probably because it sold so poorly compared to the DS. And then only a year between the 3000 and the failure that we have to call the PSPGo. Japan probably isn't getting that either.

Face it, Nintendo did much better then them, and you can't really call something successful(the original DS) an abomination. Not when it sells as much as it did.

so you're saying the original ds phat.... looked aesthetically pleasing? that thing was a damned beast and not in a good way.

I know a lot of people, myself included, who prefer the original DS to the DS Lite. Why? It was more durable, felt better to hold(Though the DSi remedied this), and was overall a nicer, more unique design.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
.Radiant said:
shinkukage09 said:

I know a lot of people, myself included, who prefer the original DS to the DS Lite. Why? It was more durable, felt better to hold(Though the DSi remedied this), and was overall a nicer, more unique design.
My DS Lite outlasted my Phat so I dunno what you are complaining about. The DSi is a bit flimsy on the shoulder buttons though and it is scary to drop the thing, plus the finish they use for the case is weaksauce and can get scratched easily, mine already has a mark on the top from not keeping it in the case.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
shinkukage09 said:
.Radiant said:
shinkukage09 said:

My DS Lite outlasted my Phat so I dunno what you are complaining about. The DSi is a bit flimsy on the shoulder buttons though and it is scary to drop the thing, plus the finish they use for the case is weaksauce and can get scratched easily, mine already has a mark on the top from not keeping it in the case.

I think you're just a butthurt DSLite fanboy. LAst I checked, it's a near-fact that the DS Phat is more durable. And saying the Lite's case is better....ew....must like seeing your own fingerprinnts. Also, it's not that easily scratched. Mine has no scratches, and I've owned it since release date.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Veho said:
shinkukage09 said:
And saying the Lite's case is better....ew....must like seeing your own fingerprinnts.
The matte DS Lite begs to differ.

I like how he says "ew" as if a fingerprint is something disgusting, and that every time you touch your DS you leave a shit stain on it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how I said "ew" to fingerprints, which by that I meant it looked really bad, and I get people jumping on me. Guess that's GBATemp for ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them