Sony Reportedly Hard At Work On Cheaper, PS Vita Slim Model

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Not gonna lie, I still get jetlagged (or in this case, screen-sizelagged...) when I go from playing my DSiXL to my 3DS. I'm quietly waiting for that to be released, so long as there are software/hardware improvements as well. That said, the longer they go before releasing/planning/making it at all, the better.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh wow, that's a good way to kill a lot of hype.
Less people will buy the Vita now, and wait for this one.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For real -

3DSXL.jpg
looks like the sony phone thing

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Thank you for proving this, thank you for being this:
Nintendo fanboys are the most fucking annoying blind deluded biased idiots on the god damn interwebs
I hope it's not true, if it is, I'll just wait for the slim.
Baseless Nintendo haters are the most fucking annoying blind deluded biased idiots on the god damn interwebs.

It goes both ways. ;)

Reactions: 6 people

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
$250 is not market-friendly for a mass-produced handheld game console regardless of how impressive the technology is. (opinion, of course)

The supposition that Sony is working on a cheaper mass-market revision is a sound educated guess based on historic precedent (PSP and DS, for example). The fact that this rumor comes from a disreputable source doesn't diminish the certainty that it will come true.

In other words, does anybody wish to state the opposite -- that Sony isn't working on a cheaper revision?

I've reserved a Vita, so please no "Nintendo Fanboy" shit. Please.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're "working on it". That means you'll see it in a year or two. R&D takes time, and from what I've read about Vita teardowns, there isn't much "space" there left. It'll take time to miniaturise the entire unit, even if the specs are fixed.

Didn't we try to say the samething with the second slide pad in that other thread. :P

I dunno, I think 2012 looks great for both systems; though the PSV seems to have the better line-up.
What I meant was that the PSV has "better titles announced for it" then the 3DS had at the same point of its lifetime, not that 2012 looks bad for the 3DS. Sorry, I should've clarified that a bit better.
It had a ~one year longer wait then the 3ds. Not saying the psv didn't have "better titles announced for it" , well, pretty much I'm just saying...

:P
The only reason I MIGHT consider getting this around Holiday 2012 is if has HDMI out,
Yeah, that would make me get that rather than the original.

I've reserved a Vita, so please no "Nintendo Fanboy" shit. Please.
Having nor not having a Vita doesn't make you Nintendo Fanboy.Nintende Fanboy meaning, while you may like other conpanies or their console , you perfer Nintendo or their console.
Not this baseless ironic belittling nonsense that people use to make them feel better about themseleves.

TimmyDonuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like a smaller vita and I'm sure some of you may agree with me.

Sony just gave people a very good reason to wait for the redesign.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
I think this is ridiculous they did it with the psp too, just so many different iterations is extremely annoying -.-
I hope they dont do this like 6 months after the initial release or something

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In other words, does anybody wish to state the opposite -- that Sony isn't working on a cheaper revision?
This. They have released revisions of every console they made, I don't think anybody doubts they'll do the same with the Vita. Even if the article is nothing but conjecture, it's still a pretty safe bet.

Already?
That was fast...
Companies usually get to work on the next model the moment the previous one is launched (and the smart ones have a team planning revisions even while the previous model is being made; it pays to get a jump on things), so even if they really are "hard at work" at this very moment, it doesn't mean we'll be seeing a new one any time soon.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh. It needs more games. I don't care about the price of the system itself, but Gravity Rush getting pushed to may also pushed my Vita purchase to may.
The launch lineup is infinitely better than the trash the 3DS had, but still I can't bring myself to buying it until there's at least ONE game worth playing.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 this should be on the front page, but since AW retired the mag staff have turned into a bunch of lazy bitches. :sad:
I'm always a little on edge on whether to post rumors on the front page, especially with some of the replies in this thread (the one above you for example, i've posted gaming rumors on the front page before and been flamed for it). I'm also trying to study for the SAT (which i'm liable to fail), but i'll see what i can write up in a general hurry before i have a nervous breakdown from the stress...

K, posted. Sorry for that. I have to get back to studying or i'm screwed (offtopic bullshit that shouldn't be said).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: