Sony Reportedly Hard At Work On Cheaper, PS Vita Slim Model

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by AlanJohn, Jan 25, 2012.

1. 3Dscreamo

3Dscreamo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2012
    Knew it would happen, it was inevitable

2. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    It may be inevitable, but at this point it's just a rumor, and based on the article they're just discussing the idea of it.

3. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    No, stop with all the rumors.
    They already reduced the price/cost of the original PSP so that it could be sold in tandem with the Vita for people who were looking for a cheaper portable gaming system.

4. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    Hopefully they don't touch the beautiful 5' OLED screen....

5. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    If anything they'd make it bigger judging by comments made in other interviews.

6. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Lol I think the OLED screen is already big enough.

7. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    Well, it depends if you like a larger, but more pixelated screen. What's the ppi anyway.

8. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    If it were anything like DS -> XL, it'd be fine. That said, it all depends on how it would be handled.

9. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    Yes, it does. A little bigger wouldn't hurt. @220ppi, bigger is fine. (to a point). But that said, I love the display on the iPhone, even though it's not as large as most androids. So a little smaller wouldn't hurt too much either...

10. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Why the eff was this frontpaged?

11. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Another World retires and standards already drop innit.

4 people like this.
  12. Valwin

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico

because the userbase wants to know about news but some people here seem to want to hide them

13. wrettcaughn

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    lmao...
    Sony has released a "slimmer" version of every damned console they've ever made... Every single one of those redesigns was well received. Why would they not continue the trend?

Every one of Nintendo's consoles has had a redesign (excluding the GC since it wasn't worth redesigning...)

So I ask again... What makes this worthy of the frontpage?

14. Valwin

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico

is one of this generation new handhelds not only that to be talking about this so soon ect

15. wrettcaughn

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    who's talking about it? It seems to me that a "reporter" heard of discussions of making it smaller and ran with it. Don't you think "making it smaller" is discussed while every electronic device is designed? It being discussed now does not mean it will be designed/released any time soon...

You think Nintendo weren't discussing making the 3DS smaller after it's initial reception, or even before it was released? I'll go on record right now and say we'll see a 3DS redesign far sooner in its lifecycle than we see a Vita redesign... Write that down.

16. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Obviously we need to apply the same reading standards across every article....3DS lite coming this season....

This isn't news....it's not even probable at this stage. It's an illustration of the different objectives between hardware engineers and designers. Is it surprising they want different things? No. Is it likely at some point the console will have a redesign? Yes, almost every console does these days. Are there going to be more consoles in years to come? Yes....QUICK WRITE A NEWS ARTICLE! CONSOLES TO CONTINUE EXISTING IN THE FUTURE!

And again....the original article for those interested so the headcases don't bend reality too much.

1 person likes this.
  17. wrettcaughn

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    lmao...

the whole quote...
    And that, boys and girls, is what happens when you jump on a "news" story without vetting the original source...

/topic

18. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I don't care what games Sony has announced for Vita... Until I see them on the shelves thats when I will believe it.... and yes I am still bitter over the "launch" game for PSP called Gran Turismo... Waited for ever then it sucked :(

Maybe when Twisted Metal comes out on my PS3 my anger with Sony will subside a bit... lol

19. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Spread the rumor, people will wait for PS Vita Slim not buing fat, profits will decrease. For me it looks like competitors viral marketing.

20. Valwin

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    BS why would they do that ? is the sony guy himself saying it

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted