Hacking Sony DVD-R's 50 pack $12.99 at Kmart!

kj4860

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbatim is worth the extra $$$ due to it's assurance that your game will burn to perfection IMO.

kj4860

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
Here comes another dvd media war..

and all backup loaders SUCK
laugh.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kj4860 said:
Verbatim is worth the extra $$$ due to it's assurance that your game will burn to perfection IMO.
that is correct , any saving with other media than verbatim is not worth it , cause take many burns to get games to play and it's a time consuming .

snick422

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even a good deal. I can get 100 for that price at Circuit City any given week. Also, the brand really does not matter. I used no names and they work perfectly. Anyone who tells you different is a paranoid who needs to validate his own expensive purchases by getting others to buy the same things.

kj4860

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my personal experience with various dvd-r:

Memorex: 50%-60% of games worked
Philips (bought b/c i couldn't get some games to work with Memorex): got 2 of the 4 Memorex games working.

Verbatim: In the process of converting all previous disc to Verbatim as they fail over time. 100% work.

Your experience may vary, but my experience made the winner obvious.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kj4860 said:
Here's my personal experience with various dvd-r:

Memorex: 50%-60% of games worked
Philips (bought b/c i couldn't get some games to work with Memorex): got 2 of the 4 Memorex games working.

Verbatim: In the process of converting all previous disc to Verbatim as they fail over time. 100% work.

Your experience may vary, but my experience made the winner obvious.
and I'll add mine as well , many burnt with other media for Wii and XboX360 and results no game play , all burnt with Verbatim both both consoles all play no issues many times no problems a couple of scratches and still play , so I rest my case .

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to clear this up for all of you:

If you have a shitty burner, not all media is going to burn perfectly. Going for more expensive disks will result in less coasters, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the media. More so, your older and less reliable burner.

If you have a recent or good brand burner, media isn't going to matter. You can use memorex disks and they're still going to perfect burns 99% of the time.

if only half your games burn correctly, it's time to invest in a quality burner because that shouldn't happen.

kj4860

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good way to avoid making coasters is to buy a single Imation dvd-rw to test your burns first if you are unsure if it will work or not. I do this once in a while as to avoid bad burns.

kj4860

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and another good thing to do would be to rename this topic "Opinions" as from this point on, it will be nothing but results and opinions on dvd-r/+r/-rw/dl/BD-r/VHS
wink.gif

on another topic of discussion, who uses a backup loader here?

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
My chipped ps2 which is REALLY old (when ps2 was more expensive than my Halo 360) with a MESSIAH chip... I know, I know. Will only read CD's with blue dye in them correctly. Any other media I get games not loading (endless seeking) and in some cases slow loading times in-game. Culdcept would take 3 minutes to load the battle screen where a crappy CD-R with blue tinge will work perfectly. I know my laser is most likely as close to dead as it can get after 1000+ hours of gaming.

My point is there is more to it than just burner or media type.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hollowtip said:
I'm going to clear this up for all of you:

If you have a shitty burner, not all media is going to burn perfectly. Going for more expensive disks will result in less coasters, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the media. More so, your older and less reliable burner.

If you have a recent or good brand burner, media isn't going to matter. You can use memorex disks and they're still going to perfect burns 99% of the time.

if only half your games burn correctly, it's time to invest in a quality burner because that shouldn't happen.

100% agree with this, all of the "You must use this media or die!!!!!!!!" people get to me after a while. I have had 0 problems with TDK or Memorex for the Wii, and have used Sony and Imation for other stuff as well with again, 0 problems. As long as you have a good burner and not total crap media, it doesn't matter.

I will add a caveat for dual layer discs, I have found that the "lower" brands certainly don't work as well in DVD players, at least for me.

Edit: As long as were on deals, Radio Shack is going to have TDK 50 paks for 7.99 on Black Friday. I plan to stock up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol