GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vita TV Ad: Plays all Vita games
*Checks Sony site*

..... Not all games

And u need to have a HD TV a dualshock 3 controller and the Vita card.
It kinda gets expensive then but i guess its still cheaper?

EDIT: Ohh wait, it didn't say all Vita games but still.... why wouldn't play all of them?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold on...

"Outfitted with a PS Vita card slot, it also allows PS Vita TV owners to play Vita games on, well, their TV. They don't even need a Vita—just Vita games, this PS Vita TV hardware, and a DualShock 3."

You're saying this will let me play Vita titles with a dualshock, on my TV and it's only $100? Why would one need to buy a Vita, then? Sony can't be so stupid as to build a device that renders their struggling new handheld obsolete a year after launch, can they? Are Sony and Nintendo trying to out-stupid each other?

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone want to play handheld games on their TV?

This is the exact same shit as OUYA, and we all know how amazing that is.

I would love to play some Vita, PSP, and PS1 games on TV. Ouya does suck, but not for the same reason.

Wait, hold on...

"Outfitted with a PS Vita card slot, it also allows PS Vita TV owners to play Vita games on, well, their TV. They don't even need a Vita—just Vita games, this PS Vita TV hardware, and a DualShock 3."

You're saying this will let me play Vita titles with a dualshock, on my TV and it's only $100? Why would one need to buy a Vita, then? Sony can't be so stupid as to build a device that renders their struggling new handheld obsolete a year after launch, can they? Are Sony and Nintendo trying to out-stupid each other?

If you want portability, you still want to buy a portable Vita.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold on...

IT HAS NO SCREEN
ITS NOT PORTABLE

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita TV Ad: Plays all Vita games
*Checks Sony site*

..... Not all games

And u need to have a HD TV a dualshock 3 controller and the Vita card.
It kinda gets expensive then but i guess its still cheaper?

EDIT: Ohh wait, it didn't say all Vita games but still.... why wouldn't play all of them?
The touchscreen/pad interfaces would be a problem for a DS3 controller. Now, the DS4 might not have as many issues since it has a touchpad, but we'll have to see on that front.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold on...

Can you take your PS Vita TV to work?
Can you take it to school?
How about that new restaurant that just opened up?
:P

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I think this is an interesting move by Sony. I wouldn't want one personally but the premise of playing Vita games on the Vita as well as the home TV is sure to attract some bigger devs to the platform.
This is obviously in anticipation of the rumored apple TV, amazon console and to rival the Ouya and GameStick.
I just wish Sony would let us boot into android so Vita would get great Video playback, PDF feaders and a good web browser as well as a ton of apps and games!

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, to the people who wanted a Vita + PS4 bundle. Here it is?
It's $500 together which is the same price as the Xbox One. It can also play PSP/Vita/PS1 games! Hope this thing takes off.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
about that ps4 streaming, i assume a dual shock 4 will be needed. or will dualshock 3 be compatible with at least some of ps4 games?

and if the dualshock 4 can be used for ps4, can it be also used for ps vita too for full touchpad controls?

also i wonder what the usb 2.0 port in the back will be used for.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold on...

Steps to revive your never really alive handheld:
1) Present budget hardware that grants the ability to play most games in the customer's home using other, more profit minded devices to enable the experience (dual shock controller, Sony OPP [over-priced proprietary] Memory Card) and likely invite the fence-dwellers and frugal to sample the software along with a content streaming solution to reach for the Apple TV / Roku crowd.
2) Release slimmer, slightly more power conscious, cheaper handheld console which would look all the more enticing to those who want to take all of their VitaTV content with them on the go while only requiring the swapping of a Sony OPP memory card.
3) Further profits from all of those who see $100 worth of value in those previously mentioned features combined with the ability to play PS4 content on any HD TV in the home without having to drag the console with you.

There is no downside to this product. People who intended to buy a Vita will still buy a Vita. People who wouldn't have bought a Vita (like myself) will likely see some value in this product and could end up purchasing the handheld further on down the road should the television experience prove worthwhile.

Remember, the goal of hardware is to sell software... This is a fairly effective means to do just that.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony has a solution to the touch screen/rear touch pad issue.
Apparently, they are working on a way to use the R3 and L3 buttons as a pointer for the touch screen. Seems like a good idea if executed right.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
This is competitor to Apple TV, Google TV etc.

Main functions are streaming services and rumoured IPTV. But unlike competitors it can offer PS Vita games, PSP, PSX. Later with Gaikai: PS2, PS3. Plus you can use it for Remote Play of PS4.
Remember hardware in game business does not make money and usually sold at loss. It's all about selling games and services now.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They did that with the PS3 and guess how far that took'em. This device is small, very portable, very affordable and does what it's supposed to do - I have no complaints.

...can't wait to Remote Play games onto the PSVita Remote TV from my PS4 which is standing next to it instead of playing them on my PS4*. ;O;

*Yes, I know it's supposed to be a multi-room type feature - shush! I'm making a funny here! :angry:
Wait, what? There were PS3-equipped PS3s??

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
If I were Sony and this PSV-TV was on the roadmap since the beginning, I wouldn't have put the 2 touch inputs in the PSV to begin with, to achieve 100% compatibility with the PSV-TV.
For this gen they should have gone:

(PS vita + PSV-TV) vs (iPod Touch + appleTV)

and probably that's just what they're going for now. (does the PSV-TV support some form of Airplay with Xperia phones? if not, it should/will)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1