sony:2010 will be the year of ps3+more ps2 games on the way

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yesterday, on a interview to gamepro.com Jhon Koller said wii and project natal will have trouble, and sony will continue to give full suppot to ps2 with new games from both first party and third partys.
souce+interview
good to know sony is still making new games for ps2.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have developed their motion device for the PS2 instead seeing that console is already in the homes of millions and that the casual crowd are familar with it. Or even make it backwards compatible.

Year of PS3? It has more of a chance this year but I don't see it happening, 360 will probably have another price cut and already looks more "casual" friendly.

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
They should have developed their motion device for the PS2 instead seeing that console is already in the homes of millions and that the casual crowd are familar with it. Or even make it backwards compatible.
+1
y'know, i have the feeling nintendo will say the same when they relase zelda wii,same for m$ and natal.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Sony lose money when making PS3's, so they go back to PS2.
lololol.
rofl2.gif

Lol, true.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gameswise, PS3 already got most playtime from me this year. Maybe a bit Wii when SMB came out but other than that I've been only playing that black box. Next year looks to be especially promising which is saying a lot compared to this year.

Don't care too much about the motion stuff yet, watching 3D Blu-rays will be nice though soon as I get a 3D TV.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Microsoft dropped support for the original xbox too quickly. Sony on the other hand have two, no three sources of income from gaming if you count their handheld. This way they are targeting a larger audience.

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody Exclusively develops for the PS2 anymore anyway. Most of the games released on it now are just low profile multi plats or ports.

Anyway, Sony already jumped a hurdle with the original price tag of the PS3. If their magic wand stick thingy costs too much, it better become something more than the eyetoy was to the PS2

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I doubt it. For me, 2008 was without a doubt the year of the PS3 and 2009 was a pretty good year, perhaps better than the Xbox 360 and Wii. But for 2010, I think both Nintendo and Microsoft have a really strong lineup. Sony will probably do alright and the PS3 will continue to sell, but I don't think it will be special because of the exclusives.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
deanxxczx said:
lololol.
This.

^
things like this are quite annoying and just post count raises

on topic
i dont think "sony2010 will be the year of ps3" should even be in the topic title, the OP doesnt say anything about it just that ps3 is gonna release games for the ps3 and ps2.

well the wii is gonna release games for the wii and their shop channel

360 is gonna release games for the 360 and the marketplace.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
more ps2 games...just what we need let it fucking die sony the rest of the last gen consoles are dead it's time for the ps2 to die too it had a good run now stop living in the past! you move forward NOT backwards
nyanya.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
lololol.
They never left it.
The only reason PS2s are still in production is because there's still a demand for them. People still buy them.
It's actually pretty impressive that the PS2 is still alive after nearly ten years.

And 2010 will be the "year of the PS3" for one reason, and this one reason only:

The Last Guardian.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
more ps2 games...just what we need let it fucking die sony the rest of the last gen consoles are dead it's time for the ps2 to die too it had a good run now stop living in the past! you move forward NOT backwards
nyanya.gif

Better yet after the PS2 dies completely, bring out downloadable PS2 classics for purchase at the PS store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up