ohnoes.png

I will pirate it on wii see if it's any good then buy it on PSN

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dragon574444 said:
I hope it feels more like the Genesis games rather than the Sonic Rush games.
All Sonic Rush was good for is the soundtrack.
The gameplay, like for basically all new Sonic games, was way to fast. We want a platformer and not a racing game.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, they couldn't add a secret zone or something?! It will be a miracle if they make 1 million sales on this game!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
The gameplay, like for basically all new Sonic games, was way to fast. We want a platformer and not a racing game.

Speak for yourself!
ohnoes.png

I myself highly enjoyed the Rush games. They were a new, fast-paced twist on the old Genesis formula. And it was just varied enough to stay entertaining throughout (moreso the first than the second, though).

And after all, what's Sonic without speed, anyway?

ONTOPIC: Honestly, this game sure is a long time in the making. While I'd rather the developers take time to get it right, it does make me wonder whether or not they can handle the prolific nature of episodic format...

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
dragon574444 said:
I hope it feels more like the Genesis games rather than the Sonic Rush games.

I liked Sonic Rush, and all my friends who were big Sonic fans during the Genesis era loved it. It boiled Sonic down to its essence, which was all about speed, not necessarily getting hit by obnoxious enemies every five seconds.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Rush was pretty fun..I agree with those who say that...Sonic 4 looks good (also like the old SEGA logo sound...nostalgic). I might have to check it out, but I'll see what everyone has to say about it 1st before I do most likely.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sonic Rush was enjoyable simply because it wasn't outright ruined like the console games around the time and later. It doesn't have much on the Advance series (well 1 and 2 anyways) and certainly nothing on the original games.

Not to say it was a bad game though. I did buy it and still enjoyed it a bit for its own qualities but too much emphasis on simply going fast in a basic direction thanks to the boost meter.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ifish said:
I will pirate it on wii see if it's any good then buy it on PSN

LOL XD that is exactly what i am doing aswell
tongue.gif
as for the trailer, the level shown is a exact copy of sonic 2 metropolis 0_0

should be interesting, sega seem to know what they are doing.

RagnarokSam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i personally am very excited for this game. i can only hope that when more episodes are released, that the games can be "locked together" to make one big game...

i guess when you think about it, Sonic 3 was episodic in two parts.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The $15 price point for this turns me off. Didn't they say it would be $5 when they first announced it? I really wanted this, but at $15 an episode, I'll wait for them to go on sale or for a disc release of all the episodes together.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally, it's almost time! Wii version isn't gimped (apart from visuals) correct? Thinking about the iPhone version if it's really good but definitely getting it on PSN first

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sc4rFac3d said:
Finally, it's almost time! Wii version isn't gimped (apart from visuals) correct? Thinking about the iPhone version if it's really good but definitely getting it on PSN first
I'm pretty sure all console versions are the same new and improved version. The Wii version will obviously not be as good looking however, but I've heard that the iPhone is a gimped old build without all the new physic fixes and such.

I'm definitely getting it on PSN and possibly on iPhone, not sure yet.

Edit: New iPhone trailer

I hate how the entire screen spins during loops. Looks tacky and useless.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
I'm pretty sure all console versions are the same new and improved version. The Wii version will obviously not be as good looking however, but I've heard that the iPhone is a gimped old build without all the new physic fixes and such.

I'm definitely getting it on PSN and possibly on iPhone, not sure yet.
Depending on how they handled all of the pre-rendered graphics for the wii version, if they had to maybe downsize it or not to be better suited for the Wiiware size or the SD output, the Wiiware version might emulate beautifully on Dolphin, ya never know.

Still, no doubt, I'm trying the 360 version first, DEMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.