Homebrew Sonic DS/Sonic CD DS on TwilightMenu++

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just a silly question that went into my mind. So, i recently downloaded Sonic DS and Sonic CD DS (homebrew prototype NDS games made by Stealth/Headcannon), to test the ports in real hardware. Problem is, my flashcards died, and my current situation won't allow me to buy another one. So, now that i have TwilightMenu++, i wanted to ask... how aam i supposed to play them? I mean, the USAGE INSTRUCTIONS doesn't help either:

- Copy the main "SonicCD" folder (which contains "Player", "R1", etc.. subfolders) to the ROOT of the SD card. It will not work from any other location
- Place SonicCDDS.nds anywhere on the card
- Run SonicCDDS.nds

I tried this, and... nothing, the game just stays in a black screen. Both of them (yes, even Sonic DS). So that means TwilightMenu++ has problems loading this one, or it also has the same problem with others homebrew games?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a silly question that went into my mind. So, i recently downloaded Sonic DS and Sonic CD DS (homebrew prototype NDS games made by Stealth/Headcannon), to test the ports in real hardware. Problem is, my flashcards died, and my current situation won't allow me to buy another one. So, now that i have TwilightMenu++, i wanted to ask... how aam i supposed to play them? I mean, the USAGE INSTRUCTIONS doesn't help either:

- Copy the main "SonicCD" folder (which contains "Player", "R1", etc.. subfolders) to the ROOT of the SD card. It will not work from any other location
- Place SonicCDDS.nds anywhere on the card
- Run SonicCDDS.nds

I tried this, and... nothing, the game just stays in a black screen. Both of them (yes, even Sonic DS). So that means TwilightMenu++ has problems loading this one, or it also has the same problem with others homebrew games?
Works fine for me, from the console's SD card.
Make sure in the per-game settings, direct boot is turned on for nds-bootstrap to not be used, and that DSi mode is set.

Reactions: FM_Wii and banjo2

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Works fine for me, from the console's SD card.
Make sure in the per-game settings, direct boot is turned on for nds-bootstrap to not be used, and that DSi mode is set.
Hey, it actually works! Since you're the creator of TwilightMenu++ (or at least worked on it), out of the topic, i really don't get why there are games that just won't boot up like WarioWare DIY, and games that are impossible to play like Maio vs DK: Miniland Mayhem

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, it actually works! Since you're the creator of TwilightMenu++ (or at least worked on it), out of the topic, i really don't get why there are games that just won't boot up like WarioWare DIY, and games that are impossible to play like Maio vs DK: Miniland Mayhem
Both WarioWare DIY and Mini-Land Mayhem boot fine. Make sure you're on the latest TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap versions, and that Mini-Land Mayhem is set to run in DSi mode.
Mini-Land Mayhem may also need to be manually AP-patched, if you're on DSi.

Reactions: banjo2 and FM_Wii

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Both WarioWare DIY and Mini-Land Mayhem boot fine. Make sure you're on the latest TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap versions, and that Mini-Land Mayhem is set to run in DSi mode.
Mini-Land Mayhem may also need to be manually AP-patched, if you're on DSi.
Got it... i'll be checking onto that

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021