Hacking Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Help save please.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it creates a save and all when I turn it on but it says: the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the ds card. is anyone else having these issues? is there a save i could download somewhere that already works? I am on akaio 4.5.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ACWWFAN said:
I am on akaio 4.5.

Are you from the future? welcome to our planet.

it works

sr.jpg

just do an arm7 swap.

oscgee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem... I have the latest akaio too

edit: oops I just saw the last part of the last post, I'll try the arm7 thing

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oscgee said:
I have the same problem... I have the latest akaio too

edit: oops I just saw the last part of the last post, I'll try the arm7 thing

Once you've arm7 patched it, you also need to load it in one of the alternative DMA modes which you can do by keeping A or X pressed down while launching the game. It's the same as you have to with bookworm etc.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after doing the arm7 switch, whenever you load the rom, hold X so that the word "loading" is red. If you don't you will get a corrupted save message

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here is correct, you have to do an ARM7 swap. But the specifics on doing that are a bit shaky for new comers so here's how:

1) Download & extract Sim City DS (J). (Don't ask where to download please....)

2) Download & extract Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (U). (Rule doesn't change even if its a new ROM, don't ask where to download)

3) Download DSLazy here. Extract it and run the program labled "dslazy".

4) In the top left there will be a button that says, "...". Click it to browse for the Sim City DS ROM.

5) Once its finished loading the ROM, click "nds unpack". Once its done, find your way back to the original DSLazy folder (where your ran DSLazy). Rename the new "NDS_UNPACK" folder to "SIM CITY".

6) Go back to the DSLazy program and now open the Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing ROM. Do the same, click "nds unpack". Don't close the program. Find your way back to the original DSLazy folder again and open the "SIM CITY" folder. Copy the ARM7.bin file to the "NDS_UNPACK" folder. Overwrite the existing file.

7) Go back to DSLazy and click the "nds pack" button. Choose a destination and name for the new ROM and save it. During this procedure the program may look like its frozen but its not so just let it work.

8) Copy the ROM to your MicroSD and play. Hold X while booting the game.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonjon95 There's an easier method for the n00bs.

Use arm7fixa which you can download from here and is from this thread

Create a directory and extract arm7fixa to this directory. Also place in this directory your [donor rom] and [your rom which needs patching]. Rename the [donor rom] to donor.nds. Click on [your rom which needs patching] and drag it onto arm7fixa.exe. That's it, it will create a file called [your rom which needs patching]-arm7fixed.nds. Next time you have another game to patch, you just have to place it in that same directory and again just drag it onto arm7fixa.exe, it's a lot faster than the older methods.

I used Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(XenoPhobia) as the donor, but there are plenty of others to use.

While Holding X and Holding A both work, X's old DMA mode definately runs the game faster than A's non DMA mode. I forgot about that until I tried it.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Create a directory and extract arm7fixa to this directory. Also place in this directory your [donor rom] and [your rom which needs patching]. Rename the [donor rom] to donor.nds. Click on [your rom which needs patching] and drag it onto arm7fixa.exe. That's it, it will create a file called [your rom which needs patching]-arm7fixed.nds. Next time you have another game to patch, you just have to place it in that same directory and again just drag it onto arm7fixa.exe, it's a lot faster than the older methods.

I used Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(XenoPhobia) as the donor, but there are plenty of others to use.

While Holding X and Holding A both work, X's old DMA mode definately runs the game faster than A's non DMA mode. I forgot about that until I tried it.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. That IS a lot easier! ahhaha Thank you.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Does it matter which rom I chose to be a donor rom?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested both method and both working... THANKS GUYS...

The easiest way by tk_saturn works in WINDOWS explorer with "drag and drop" style... I tried it via Total Commander and doesnt work
biggrin.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
Lol as long as it's working, is there a permanent patch out yet?
No not really. The flashcard teams are mainly taking care of it. Cyclo devs I believe released an update (beta 4 if I'm not mistaken). As for us Acekard users, I'm sure a fix has been integrated into AKAIO 1.6 but we'll just have to wait. The AKAIO developers are working hard so don't nag on them. We'll have to stick with this ARM7 fix for now
biggrin.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hakoda said:
ACWWFAN said:
No not really. The flashcard teams are mainly taking care of it. Cyclo devs I believe released an update (beta 4 if I'm not mistaken). As for us Acekard users, I'm sure a fix has been integrated into AKAIO 1.6 but we'll just have to wait. The AKAIO developers are working hard so don't nag on them. We'll have to stick with this ARM7 fix for now
biggrin.gif

About AKAIO 1.6, will it be public released?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Hakoda said:
ACWWFAN said:
biggrin.gif

About AKAIO 1.6, will it be public released?
I'm sure the devs have their release but are still working some things out. It probably will be publicly released. Its not like the devs to leave it for themseleves. Just wait, good things come to those who wait
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it