Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feature-SEGA.jpg
Sega made waves earlier in the year when they annouced trio of there classic games would be getting HD makeovers and today they have given release dates for 2 of those titles. Both Nights into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2 will arrive on PSN and Xbox Live Arcade on October 2nd priced at $9.99 / £6.49 / €7.99 and on October 5th priced at 800 MS Points. Sonic Adventure 2 will also include Battle DLC on release selling at $3.00/240 MS Points. Nights will come free with Christmas Nights, a 1996 game given away free with the Offical Saturn Magazine

source

Was hoping for details on a steam release myself, but if it is anything like Sonic CD last year I could be waiting till January

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll pass on both, SA2 was always a 30% good game and 70% horrible game...and the 30% part was mostly broken, still it's a vast improvement on the first game. Nights, meh it was never that great but decent enough.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fucking tell us if the HD version of sonic adventure 2 has online or not all ready for fucks sakes sega!! OK!?!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should've ported this to the vita, would've probably helped the vita a bit.
Nah, what would help the Vita would be games you can only play on it that aren't "me too" experiences, half arsed or on better platforms that most people already own. The PSP eventually got some but then it was too late by that time.

:yay:

Reactions: 2 people

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always wanted Sega to remake Sonic Heroes in HD, that game was awesome,
but not much popular though

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the hate for this game. I loved the game when I played it for the Dreamcast when it came out, and I still play it to this day on my Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Sonic and Shadow parts were cool, the Tails and Eggman parts were meh and the Knuckles and Rogue parts were annoying. Chao Garden was awesome, tho.

Clarky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if they could make HD versions of the original Panzer Dragoon trilogy...

Does seem suprising as the likes of Panzer Dragoon Saga tend to sell a silly prices now a days and people pay....you would think Sega would try and get a piece of the action itself

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if they could make HD versions of the original Panzer Dragoon trilogy...
Throw in Saga too, which so far is Saturn only.

Of course if Sega did do this they'll probably fart out the Ages PS2 version and just do version of Orta that is on XBLA which I hear is glitchy.

What may be of some interest is the spiritual successor Crimson Dragon which is by the same guy who directed the first three games. Sadly it seems to be in limbo but then it was Kinect only so maybe that would be for the best. Recently a Windows 7 version has appeared though, hopefully Microsoft will stick with it but drop the Kinect part.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ever there were a more blatant example of selling an incomplete game and completing it with paid DLC, it is porting a game and going out of your way to remove a part of the game to sell as DLC.

D

Deleted-236924

If ever there were a more blatant example of selling an incomplete game and completing it with paid DLC, it is porting a game and going out of your way to remove a part of the game to sell as DLC.
The Dreamcast version was complete at the time, so they can say they're releasing a port of the DC version, but with the additions from the GC port as DLC.

Clarky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried looking for a good list of differences between vanilla Sonic Adventure 2 and Battle, this is as much as I can find

• Viewable chao stats
  • More chao activities
  • Differing school and heaven/hell arenas
  • More multipayer options
  • Various chao connectivity activities

So unless you was gaga for chao nonsence, I would say you could skip the Battle DLC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1