Hacking Son updated switch to 8.0.0, restore backup?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had autoCRM enabled and have a valid backup of your nand plus boot0 and boot1 then you're okay. If not, then we cant guarantee anything.

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I backed up boot0/1 and Emmc sys prior to updating to 7.0.1 and my son just updated to what I believe is 8.0.0 I don't really know because I didn't see what he did. Cfw or stock won't launch from hekate 4.9.1, which makes sense if it's 8.0.0.

Can I just restore to 6.2.0 using those backups I made and be fine? If not I suppose waiting til hekate and atmosphere to support V8 isn't the worst

if you have a 7.0/7.01 nand backup. you can restore it because ofw8.0 is not burnt efuse after 7.0/7.01
but it seems that your backup is 6.0's . so i think you should have to restore 6.0's backup and run cfw because all cfw was fucked in 8.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you had autoCRM enabled and have a valid backup of your nand plus boot0 and boot1 then you're okay. If not, then we cant guarantee anything.

it could be banned after his son made console update in cfw's

Last edited by paulzheng,
D

Deleted User

My mother who never played my Switch updated to the latest update and now I can't revert back. I totally didn't do it myself because I'm smart enough to have 90DNS/SX OS stealth mode

Reactions: OrGoN3

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a 7.0/7.01 nand backup. you can restore it because ofw8.0 is not burnt efuse after 7.0/7.01
but it seems that your backup is 6.0's . so i think you should have to restore 6.0's backup and run cfw because all cfw was fucked in 8.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it could be banned after his son made console update in cfw's
No doubt. Banned or not you can always make a clean nand backup. Could still be banned tho

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to think it was hard to accidentally update the switch...until I did it today trying to get the smash update. Turns out its very easy to accidentally do a system update when trying to do a software update. Well...guess Im on 8.0 now.

D

Deleted User

I used to think it was hard to accidentally update the switch...until I did it today trying to get the smash update. Turns out its very easy to accidentally do a system update when trying to do a software update. Well...guess Im on 8.0 now.
Damn. rip. Able to restore back?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, Last NAND backup I made was from like 5.0.1 so probably not. I was previously on 7.0.1 so I'm pretty sure I'm stuck here for the most part. I'm not too upset about it right now so not a big deal.
You can restore any NAND backup even with burnt fuses. You'll just only be able to boot through RCM.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can restore any NAND backup even with burnt fuses. You'll just only be able to boot through RCM.
Oh cool. Hypothetically is it possible for me to downgrade to 5.X and then use choidujournx to update back to 7.0.1 since apparently 8.0 doesn't burn a eFuse so i'd be back to where I was basically. I don't know if it actually would work like that or not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool. Hypothetically is it possible for me to downgrade to 5.X and then use choidujournx to update back to 7.0.1 since apparently 8.0 doesn't burn a eFuse so i'd be back to where I was basically. I don't know if it actually would work like that or not.
Yes, you can downgrade to any firmware as long as you are booting through RCM. However since you can only boot through RCM, I would recommend enabling AutoRCM since the console will become soft bricked due to the fuses being greater than the firmware. If you're going to be using a NAND backup of a lower firmware to downgrade and your boot0/boot1 were dumped with AutoRCM disabled, you would enable AutoRCM after restoring boot0/boot1. The reason is because if you enable AutoRCM before and your boot0/boot1 were dumped with AutoRCM disabled, restoring boot0/boot1 would revert AutoRCM since that is where AutoRCM is installed to.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can downgrade to any firmware as long as you are booting through RCM. However since you can only boot through RCM, I would recommend enabling AutoRCM since the console will become soft bricked due to the fuses being greater than the firmware. If you're going to be using a NAND backup of a lower firmware to downgrade and your boot0/boot1 were dumped with AutoRCM disabled, you would enable AutoRCM after restoring boot0/boot1. The reason is because if you enable AutoRCM before and your boot0/boot1 were dumped with AutoRCM disabled, restoring boot0/boot1 would revert AutoRCM since that is where AutoRCM is installed to.
Got it. Thanks. I may do that is something doesn't come out for 8.0 by the time I want to use my Switch again. As of right now I'm okay with being on 8.0.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downgrading to 7.0.1 it is said that 8.0 doesn't burn fuses, we have no confirmation tho, downgrade to be something like 6.2 if that's the last backup you have from that console and then update to 7.0.1 with ChoidujourNX and you'll be good because 7.x and 8.0 have the same burnt fuses.

peteseta

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yo i accidentally updated from 7.0.1 to 8.0 too. I had a rawnand backup from OFW 7.0.1 but not a boot0/1 backup? is the boot0/1 needed for a downgrade? Or is it better to wait for atmosphere to support since i have an unpatched console?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo i accidentally updated from 7.0.1 to 8.0 too. I had a rawnand backup from OFW 7.0.1 but not a boot0/1 backup? is the boot0/1 needed for a downgrade? Or is it better to wait for atmosphere to support since i have an unpatched console?
You need boot1 and boot0 to downgrade

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id like to call this thread complete but ive seen a few different replies here - if i restore to 6.2.0 backup (boot0/1 and emmc sys), will that work as long as I boot through RCM? I intend to boot through RCM no matter what anyway, we intentionally are banned and dont care about that.

assuming the above is accurate, If i do restore the 6.2.0 backup, and then update to 7.0.1 using choidujour, will that be fine as well?

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id like to call this thread complete but ive seen a few different replies here - if i restore to 6.2.0 backup (boot0/1 and emmc sys), will that work as long as I boot through RCM? I intend to boot through RCM no matter what anyway, we intentionally are banned and dont care about that.

assuming the above is accurate, If i do restore the 6.2.0 backup, and then update to 7.0.1 using choidujour, will that be fine as well?
First make a new backup, then restore your 6.2.0 firmware. At this time you can only access to your switch using hetake because of the differents fuses burnt, so you can do two things. Stay ok 6.2.0 ir update using choidujournx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?