Hacking Something Odd Happened

Jaberzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a new 3ds XL with 9.6 on it. I installed Menuhax and started a downgrade to 9.2. When it was installing the CIA's it got about a quarter of the way done than errored. I restarted my 3ds and with the SD card it didn't work but when I formatted the SD card and restarted the 3ds, I was on 9.2. Everything works, Settings Etc. Is this common?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a new 3ds XL with 9.6 on it. I installed Menuhax and started a downgrade to 9.2. When it was installing the CIA's it got about a quarter of the way done than errored. I restarted my 3ds and with the SD card it didn't work but when I formatted the SD card and restarted the 3ds, I was on 9.2. Everything works, Settings Etc. Is this common?
probably a semi downgrade: P

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I redowngrade?
yeah, but idk if you should in it's current condition. I got lucky and fully downgraded on the first try, but downgrading a semi downgraded console maaaay result in a brick. so make sure you double check and wait to get some more answers ;)

Jaberzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I bought it about an hour ago from Walmart so if I brick it Ill exchange it. Hopefully I wont though

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link me to it? Im still new to the cfw scene. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Found It.
Sorry, but I don't have a direct link.. use the search bar in the 3DS section for anything along the lines of "half downgrade" "partial downgrade" "semi downgrade" and the like.

Jaberzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just redowngraded. Everything went fine and it rebooted automatically. The only thing is that it looked like it only installed like 20 CIA files and than Native Firm. Is that normal?

I should mention Im using SafeSysUpdater.

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just merge the 3ds folder from the zip (I linked the downloads) into the root of your sd card, then you launch the program using homebrew launcher.
If you don't currently have a way to launch homebrew launcher, I'd recommend just using browserhax.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I just redowngraded. Everything went fine and it rebooted automatically. The only thing is that it looked like it only installed like 20 CIA files and than Native Firm. Is that normal?

I should mention Im using SafeSysUpdater.
Normally it would install around 30 titles. So it only installed the ones that weren't downgraded properly.

Jaberzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I had to reinstall Menuhax. Ill have to figure out the check thing. I put the files into a folder in the 3ds folder and theres nothing to open.

Oh. I got it. Thanks. Running Now.

Checking Installed Titles...
Title ID 0x0004003000009e02
Extra Title
Title ID 0x000401300001b02
Expected version 0x0800
Installed Verison 0x0c01
Complete
Checking Missing Titles
Compleete