Hacking Homebrew Misc 3d effect broken after installing homebrew

Edgelordini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So Ive recently bought a new 3ds xl wich seemed brand new and everything was working fine. Then after i installed the cfw firmware the 3d effect has a ghosting/double image effect.
I considered it being physical, but its so odd that it happened immediatly after I installed the homebrew.
Please help, i can't find any information online and i really enjoy the 3d effect. everything else seems to be working fine

Edgelordini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And how do you think the custom firmware could affect your 3D effect? If a custom firmware had such outrageous bug, you would find it in search, don't you think?

Have you tried the EXACT same software Before and After do draw such conclusion?

Also, is there anything obstructing your front camera? Any dirt or scratches? Have you checked if the infra-red light is working properly by verifying it with a phone camera?
Yes I've tried the exact same software before and it worked just fine, I used super mario 3d land and the calibration settings to check, since that had happened to me on another 3ds that actually had scratches in the lens, this one did not, I did check with the phone camera.
Its probably just a fucked up coincidence and would happen regardless of the firmware, but it happened literally right afterwards.
Either way I plan to return it so yeah no help needed anymore. You also don't need to act like a douche while replying btw, I was just asking for help.

Edgelordini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can check if the infrared is working by looking with a phone camera, since they can see infrared.

Also, don't try to imply people's tones by text, if I wanted to call you things, I would have done so directly ( •̀ ω •́ )✧ I just asked you two valid questions, if you are saying its the custom firmware, you probably have a base, so I asked for more details. The second point was obvious, I can't say, exempli gratia, that my phone have a problem, say its caused by the camera app triggering a malfunction on the processor capabilities of keeping cool (just because its hot after a camera app update), and outright reach the conclusion one thing is connected to the other I'm the only person affected by it. Its too much assumptions at the same time.

For example, if you thing the custom firmware is the problem, you could've just reverted the NAND to the backup you are supposed to do before installing custom firmwares, or followed the guide on how to uninstall the custom firmware that exists in the same site the install instructions are.

We aren't even speaking our native languages by your country flag, sir. I was just trying to help with your answered topic to the best of my knowledge.
You're right, I took that in the wrong way, hope there's no hard feelings!!
Messages have a way of messing with our brains I tell ya. Yeah I've used the nand backup to revert it all and it's still there so it's a base console thing, I think what maybe happened is that the camera was already vulnerable, and the slight pressure I made while unscrewing the back case (stupid ass restriction to get to the sd card btw) did the job, could that be it? Sorry again for lashing out

refat17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try calibrating and/or turning off the Super-Stable 3D, in the 3DS settings menu, since that is related to the new 3DS 3D functionality. You should be able to see a preview of the tracking in the bottom right corner this way too.

Edgelordini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You could try calibrating and/or turning off the Super-Stable 3D, in the 3DS settings menu, since that is related to the new 3DS 3D functionality. You should be able to see a preview of the tracking in the bottom right corner this way too.
I've tried both and I still get it :// idk what could have caused this, it was working a few days ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated