tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I didn't know anything about homebrews and stuff until last week ; some search over the internet has brought me to the wonderful world of Wii hacking! But I got some trouble with a backup, though. Let me explain...
I've installed on my Wii (PAL, no chip) :
-The Homebrew Channel (using the Twilight Hack)
-ciOS 36
-Wiigator's Backup Loader v0.3
-And, as I was experiencing some difficulties, I downloaded GeckoOS 1.07b, just to try...

So I burnt a dump of Harvest Moon (NTSC US), at different speeds (1x, 2x, 2.4x, 3x), on both DVD+R and -R ; I tried patching it with WiiBrickBlocker and Backup_creator. The game loads without any trouble and I'm able to play for some time, until it freezes. It's totally random freezing : there's no typical action I can't do, no place I can't specifically go... It just freezes, sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 30sec. My wiimote shuts down and I have to shut the Wii down manually. I tried lots of things : burning the game without patching, forcing NTSC mode, changing my SD card... I even burnt a different dump, nothing seems to work... I eventually tried to launch the game with GeckoOS, but it keeps telling me "Error : NoDVD" (which I assume is normal. GeckoOS isn't supposed to launch backups, right? If I'm wrong, please tell me!). What's bothering me is that Harvest Moon is listed as "playable" in the compatibility list... And I read on some other topics that some people played through it without getting any trouble. Is there anything I did wrong? Is it my lense? My Wii? Whenever I launch the backup, the Wii makes some clicking noises, has it anything to do with my problem or is it normal? Should I clean my Wii? Is it just the game that's not 100% playable? Anyway, I'm feeling EXTREMELY frustrated!
wacko.gif
And if anybody could provide me answers, I would be SO grateful.
Well... I hope someone's gonna save my poor little farm
bow.gif
Thanks by advance!

Oh, and I hope my english isn't THAT bad...
wink2.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what your saying , i would think the issue is with the discs your using ... same discs all the time i assume ?

I think the disc is overheating , they dye in it is getting corrupted and unable to be read by the wii which is leading to random freezes in the game.

Try a different brand and burn the same way you did to get the game working ... DONT use DVD+RW or -RW cause they do that

Try DVD-R and a decent brand and see how it works out.

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, thanks for your advice... I've tried with two different brands, though. Verbatim DVD+R ; burnt at 1x, 2x and 3x ; and Philips DVD-R, burnt at 1x, 2x, 3x... I thought these were decent brands...
unsure.gif
Maybe I should try with cheaper products... Which would make me a bit mad, seeing how much these DVDs costed me!
blink.gif

Oh, and regarding softchip... It seems the compiled version of the software isn't out yet. Or maybe I should google a bit more?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use Philips DVD-r and they work fine - my workmate backed up my games using my laptop and software to Philips DVD-r and they all failed

I got the 100 pack - she got the 25 pack - max mine burn at is 4x - hers burn at 8x , but none work, so maybe i just got lucky with the discs

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn! I bought a 50-pack, and i've already burnt like... 10 DVDs. Patched, non-patched, different speeds... I haven't tried burning at 4x, but I thought this was the speed-limit, so I assumed it wasn't worth trying. I'll give it a shot.

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I just tried with softchip (rev30 from this morning), and it doesn't go further than the first loading screen... Freezing's back. Argh. I'll try burning at 4x and 8x. This is driving me nuts >.< Thanks to you all, anyway!

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there,

I'm back with some news. I tried to burn the iso at Max speed, as well as 4x and 8x... Doesn't get any better. I'm desperate...
wtf.gif

I've read on another site (yeah, i read a lot!) taht the game didn't allow progressive scan... Could it just be a problem regarding my TV settings???

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This time, I'm lost. I think I haven't been that bad 'til now, assuming I'm a newbie. But here, help would be much appreciated. Is the "cios fix" a .wad file? Do I have to uninstall my previous cios? (Using cios uninstaller, which i have) And I can't find the file, anyway. I've read requiem4d's topic in here, but I'm a bit lost with the codes on the first page. I downloaded a backuplauncher .dol (by a link provided on the last page,) which is supposed to include cios fix (?), if I'm not mistaken ; but it doesn't work either. Is anyone kind enough to explain what I should do...?

(This is when i feel just stupid...
blink.gif
)

Edit : Well, it seems I'm doomed. I've downloaded WiiShizzza (including requiem fix), which works perfectly fine. Apart the fact that my game keeps freezing at random... I suppose I'll just have to buy new DVDs, and keep burning until I find the right ones. Darn.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Running harvest moon NTSC on PAL is tricky... even with a mod chip - you need to use gecko os to boot it. Maybe you should get your hands on the PAL version.

tenshiflo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
rofl2.gif

The thing is... The PAL version isn't out yet. And Rising Star is gonna translate it around 2029. This is why I thought the NTSC version was a good idea...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1