some questions on how and what

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ShinyLatios, Nov 23, 2009.

Nov 23, 2009
  1. ShinyLatios
    OP

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
    first i would like to know if i can update my wii ios 249 rev 10 to rev 14 without installing any other iosses like 222, 223 or others i dont know about. [​IMG]

second, whats bootmii and how/why do i use it (as ios or boot2... how does it work...) [​IMG]

i need bootmii becausemy wii occasionlally gives the damaged data thingy.(black screen, white letters, heart skips a beat(

2. ShinyLatios
    OP

Netherlands
  3. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    see the modify any wii thread in the sticky section here. There you will find everything you need to know.

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i installed rev 14 without doing anything else, it works just fine.
    you need bannerbomb to install bootmii or the other exploits.
    its like preloader, it can recover a semi brick.

5. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    first: of course you could. rev 10 will just be overwritten by rev 14. 222, 223 cios are not related to installing to 249 but are also backup loading cios like 249. read here for more info: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

second: bootmii is an anti-brick protection for your wii. it doesn't prevent you from bricking your wii but it will help you recover your wii from a brick. read here for more info: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/bootmii

you did not specify clearly what "damaged data thingy" or how did the "black screen, white letters" occurred so nobody had give you specifics on what to do. better read first like the other had said. check on this for all info that you need: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home [​IMG]

6. ShinyLatios
    OP

Netherlands
    the black screen white letters occurs occasionally when going into the system menu btw

thank you very much, i will go make a NAND backup and then overwrite IOS 249 thank you very much [​IMG]

quick last question, what IOS do i use to re-install the ios 249? last thing (hopefully)

7. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    use 249

8. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    you are welcome. it really doesn't matter as long as you use a trucha patched ios. for me i always use a patched ios36.