Some question about change cfw from Haxchi to tiramisu

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

is been a while Ididn't update the cfw to my wiiu, and recently I discovered that Haxchi is not the latest cfw anymore, and that tiramisu is the new one.

- The only complain about Haxchi is that I have to run it each time I want to play an indie game, with tiramisu would I be albe to run any game without launching the cfw before?
- To install tiramisu have I to delete Haxchi before?
- What are the better features on tiramisu compared to Haxchi?
- Do you guys think should I move to tiramisu?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The only complain about Haxchi is that I have to run it each time I want to play an indie game, with tiramisu would I be albe to run any game without launching the cfw before?
Even haxchi had a coldboothax. But still, many people thought it was like rocket science and therefore didn't have it installed. But don't worry, tiramisu has the option to be coldbooted. Turning on the console, voila, CFW.

To install tiramisu have I to delete Haxchi before?
Not mandatory afaik. But there is no real reason to keep haxchi on the system. If you have the regular haxchi...uninstall the ds vc game via data management and start installing tiramisu. Everything that Haxchi could do, can tiramisu do as well, if not better. That's my opinion.

What are the better features on tiramisu compared to Haxchi?
Doesn't need a ds vc game (Yes, so you can play Brain Age again xD), gets regular updates, pairing bluetooth controllers native via bloopair (it's now a module which doesn't support haxchi/cbhc anymore afaik), it's for free, support for the quickmenu from the gamepad.

Do you guys think should I move to tiramisu?
What a question...definitely yes. But it is up to you. I can only recommend, but in the end, of course, you have to decide.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, if I don't have to delete Haxchi I can have both of them, is that right? In this case I would just install tiramisu without uninstalling Haxchi, I am scared that once I delete the ds game, I would not be able to download it again due to the closure of the wiiu shop

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, if I don't have to delete Haxchi I can have both of them, is that right? In this case I would just install tiramisu without uninstalling Haxchi, I am scared that once I delete the ds game, I would not be able to download it again due to the closure of the wiiu shop
you can still download games from your catalogue after eshop closure. you can even do this with the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now