Some people need to understand there is a difference...

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Its becoming a joke now, the word Hacker is becoming overused on the online gaming community.

In my own words a Hacker is someone who bypasses the security of something(a game in this case) without permission from the creator and may modify the software or change it to their preferences.

In terms of online gaming, we have hackers who use software and devices to crack a game and create codes for people to use, these codes may include infinite health online or infinite ammo...

In terms of online gaming, we have cheaters who use the codes that the hackers create. For example someone may go to the cheat section in metriod prime hunters and enter a code in their Action replay for infinite health (so annoying >_>) and may use this online. This is what i define a cheater in gaming.

---------------------------------------------

According to http://www.thefreedictionary.com a cheater is defined as

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.
4. One who cheats; a swindler.
5. A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.
6. Law Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.

Take a look at Point number 5 that is similar to what i am discussing here.

---------------------------------------------------

According to http://www.thefreedictionary.com a hacker is defined as

1. One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.
2. One who uses programming skills to gain illegal access to a computer network or file.
3. One who enthusiastically pursues a game or sport: a weekend tennis hacker.

Whereas where i was discussing before to gain illegal access to a file in which case the game.

Just try to remember what I said the next time you want to use the word hacker or cheater.

This may not be the case for everyone here but, lets say you meet a hacker(remembering the definition i gave you 'somebody who creates the codes) you may automatically assume they are a cheater. Just because they use the codes.

You may be thinking to yourself right now "Those guys made the codes so what’s to say they aint gonna use them?" In my argument against this would be to say...it's similar to a Baker who makes bread and cakes to sell, the Baker makes the food but this doesn't mean he/she is going to eat it. (Where the Baker is the Hacker and the food is the codes, and lol the hacker doesn't eat the codes XD)

I understand if you’re point is to think their going to use the codes, and yes may be some do; but let’s take a look at a wider scale of game hackers. I know a few famous coders at gbatemp who create codes for people to use (they look down upon gamers who abuse the codes online) as well as other major sites such as Oneup, cheatcodesgalore, gamewinners etc.. The majority don't use the codes online and use them only for testing whether the codes work offline before releasing to the public.(i have done my research)

In addition to my previous post, due to some gamers who play online games coming across cheaters they call 'hackers', Then become SO USED to calling cheaters 'hackers' they then assume their is no difference between the two. This needs to be clear, there is a difference.

P.S. This may not apply to everyone, so i would be happy for you to share your views, and thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
30084pm said:
I've noted this is as well. I find it really annoying when people call themselves hacker when they obviously can't hack to save their lives

Newcomers to the hacking scene who think they are pro hackers is the best way to describe these types.

Don't you have collegue or a job to go to? I'm at sixth form with a free lesson.
yay.gif

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
blazergamer93 said:
30084pm said:
I've noted this is as well. I find it really annoying when people call themselves hacker when they obviously can't hack to save their lives

Newcomers to the hacking scene who think they are pro hackers is the best way to describe these types.

Don't you have collegue or a job to go to? I'm at sixth form with a free lesson.
yay.gif

I have Uni and I have a free day!
mfing.gif

I'm looking for job though

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
30084pm said:
blazergamer93 said:
30084pm said:

yay.gif

I have Uni and I have a free day!
mfing.gif

I'm looking for job though

I'm looking for a job too and it's bloody hard
tongue.gif
Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Aldi, Morrisons...everywhere I look NOTHING!!

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
I have a flashcart, I hacked the DS!

Obviously it doesn't work like that
frown.gif

Besides im talking about hackers and cheaters and how they are two separate people. (well one person can become both)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.