Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well would super mario flash be able to be ported

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm working on it right now :P Even though I don't commit often, I'm changing the sooscode very often. After I fix the collision "engine", I'll work on the GUI (which includes the editor).
do you have your own thread if you don't make one and il request this one locked

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
uh what. are you stupid?
we don't necessarily need a fucking 100% port of it. maybe a scaled down version using graphics from the original game, like this guy did in smileBASIC. please stop spewing shit

Very cool video. The physics seems to be difficult to implement correctly :P

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye', it's my repo :P Because the name "MarcusD" was used, I had to register with that name.

I notice on your readme on your repo it claims to be a "MarioMaker port" for the 3DS.
What source code is this based on? If you're not actually porting a code it's not a port.

Language is important and I get tired of these terms being thrown around willy-nilly.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squash this wonky port. Nintendo is releasing a new handheld soon, and the games everyone is asking to be ported will probably be released to it. Porting this might be a waste of development, and by the time this is finished it will be old news like Sega games...lol...(that I still play)

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squash this wonky port. Nintendo is releasing a new handheld soon, and the games everyone is asking to be ported will probably be released to it. Porting this might be a waste of development, and by the time this is finished it will be old news like Sega games...lol...(that I still play)
Again, it wouldn't be a port unless the author was actually adapting a source code, using the term "port" arbitrarily when speaking about software development just makes the conversation confusing.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I notice on your readme on your repo it claims to be a "MarioMaker port" for the 3DS.
What source code is this based on? If you're not actually porting a code it's not a port.

Language is important and I get tired of these terms being thrown around willy-nilly.

Well, sorry, I'm not a native english speaking persion, so I didn't know that that isn't the correct term for it.
And you should've written the correct term for it instead of getting angry at me :glare:

I won't sqash anything! Even if Nintendo releases a new console, I still wouldn't have enough money to buy it :glare:

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sorry, I'm not a native english speaking persion, so I didn't know that that isn't the correct term for it.
And you should've written the correct term for it instead of getting angry at me :glare:
I'm frankly quite surprised you perceived my post as angry, there was no hostility intended.
If you reread my post you'll see it was a genuine question, as you could have been adapting a MarioMaker pc project that someone made.

The only reason I point it out is that it IS confusing when the terms are loosely thrown around in this context.
A more apt term would be a remake, re-imagining, or something of that nature.

Last edited by jaksy,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by jaksy,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that actually, but I was wondering about the SmileBASIC one, it looks nicer.
129800_mariocraftv13update.gif

There's also Mario Craft v1.3 for the ds, but I doubt that's what you're looking for either.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its amazing how quickly ideas like these get shot down.
The same was said about a 3DS Undertale, and probably a NFC emulator...about formatting with a blocked 3DS, and downgrading on the last firmware. All of this stuff was created over time. Sure, it's not gonna be easy to make, but theres always a possibility.
I remember this one Flash game just like Mario Maker ( http://www.pouetpu-games.com/index.php?section=2&game_id=1 )
I can see this being ported to the 3DS Homebrew.

Reactions: Deleted User

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The same was said about a 3DS Undertale, and probably a NFC emulator...about formatting with a blocked 3DS, and downgrading on the last firmware. All of this stuff was created over time. Sure, it's not gonna be easy to make, but theres always a possibility.
I remember this one Flash game just like Mario Maker ( http://www.pouetpu-games.com/index.php?section=2&game_id=1 )

There is no way to port Flash games to 3DS.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lolzvid was working on a 3DS Undertale-esque engine sometime in the past...

...or at least some walking-around engine with Undertale graphics, I dunno if you'd consider it Undertale without stuff like a battle system, Sans puns, friendliness pellets, or anything but a few empty rooms and a movable Frisk.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much a project and you can't make Mario Maker without Nintendo permission to use their copyright design.

Why create a thread? If it's just a idea/suggestion, post in the sticky thread.

Reactions: SLiV3R

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing preventing you from doing it yourself. Before you say something like 'I don't know how to code' etc. everyone who does this for a hobby of professionally once didn't know either. Learning to code doesn't take as long as you might think, some of the great 3ds homebrew you see is often peoples first coding projects. So give it a try, the leaning process is by far the best part.

As a professional programmer (someone that does this type of stuff for a living) after having a 75 percent drop out rate in the first C++ class that I had, I'll say that although this may be true of you, it's certainly not true for everyone. Some people have a VERY difficult time wrapping their head around programming concepts. There's a pretty good reason that there's full blown 4 year college degrees for it, and professional programmers are paid pretty well (at least in the US anyways, can't speak for the rest of the world).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare