ROM Hack Some Model Editing Questions

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry to bother you all. I'm having trouble working through some issues with model editing, and I haven't turned anything up while looking around. I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has found a solution to these issues.

I'm trying to edit the models in Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Awakening. After going through everything, it looks like Fates handles everything in .bch format while Awakening uses CGFX. Is there any way to convert from CGFX to .bch? Or any way to convert CGFX to something that can be converted to .bch?

My other question is probably a bit more stupid - what is the general process for actually replacing an existing model, or getting something into .bch format? As far as I can tell, Ohana can be used for viewing/exporting from .bch files and replacing textures, but I've yet to find anything on replacing an existing model.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The old Ohana3DS, which you can find on ProjectPokémon, can import and replace models.
Anyway, CGFXs are graphic effects. They're not models and only contain textures, afaik. Try checking other places for models.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old Ohana3DS, which you can find on ProjectPokémon, can import and replace models.
Anyway, CGFXs are graphic effects. They're not models and only contain textures, afaik. Try checking other places for models.

The CGFX files load with models in Ohana, so they can definitely be used for models.
IDyp4gU.png

I'll take a look at the old Ohana and see if that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-