1. SWATlozar

OP SWATlozar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Croatia
    I bought an used PS3 Slim with Rebug. It seems to be working just fine.
    I do have an issue, though. I'm talking about loading a NTFS external hard drive. I never used one before, but I want to use it now since I have limited space on my internal hard drive and some games have 4GB+ files. So, I put my collection of PS3 games in ISO format into the folder PS3ISO (I converted it to ISO with PS3 ISO Tools and using makeps3iso).
    I made a USB.CFG even though I'm not supposed to need it. Tried that PFS method or whatever, doing the Start + Triangle combo. Nothing.

The thing is that the hard drive loads, but only when it feels like it. So, in average that would be one out of five tries. Until I get it working both mmCM and WebMAN + prepNTFS just don't show it at all.
    When the hard drive DOES load, the games work flawlessly and without any slowdowns.

Anyone got a suggestion? I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by SWATlozar, Jan 30, 2018
  2. afriboy3072

afriboy3072 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Not enough power from the HDD to your PS3.

3. SWATlozar

OP SWATlozar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Croatia
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Initially I also thought that the HDD didn't get enough power since it started appearing while I charged my controller, but that wasn't the issue.

I got it solved by getting a completely new hard drive case. I think there were some issues with my previous one, such as random disconnects, it refused to load sometimes etc.
    So yeah, it works perfectly now. Played it for like a month or so. I didn't encounter a single issue besides a tiny issue when MultiMan freezes my console if I keep the HDD plugged in, might be a bug with either MM or my HDD (or both). I unplug the HDD and replug it back when MM starts booting up. It works fine afterwards.

I hope this might be of some help to any of you. Cheers.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I formated the HDD to FAT32. Spent a whole day copying the stuff. I didn't know you could split ISO files and play games directly from the HDD. Now it loads straight after booting up the console.

Last edited by SWATlozar, Mar 5, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - issues, usage, drive