Hacking Some FAQ For The New 3.0 BETA Update

D

Deleted User

Urm can you install cias to sysnand without the gateway card because I really want cearps flashcard unblocker so I can use my ace3ds

Reactions: Margen67

Sosainas

Trophies
XP
Country
Should I be able to port my actual emunand when I'll downgrade the 3DS. I want to stay in 4.5, but nobody knows when Gateway is going to release the files and I would to play some games while (and don't lose the saves).

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I have to repeat the process of running the exploit every time from the browser?
Yes. If you turn off your 3DS, go to settings or quit Super Smash Bros. 3DS then you will be left out of Gateway mode and will need to re-run the exploit.

Only with SSB3DS? Because I quitted Kirby Triple Deluxe through Home>Close Aplication, and is still in GW mode....

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Only with SSB3DS? Because I quitted Kirby Triple Deluxe through Home>Close Aplication, and is still in GW mode....

Super Smash Bros. 3DS closes some 3DS system processes to allow the game to run with more RAM (this only happens on the normal 3DS, the New 3DS has more RAM so this doesn't happen). When you quit this game, it will essentially restart the system and take you back to sysNAND from emuNAND.

There are ways around this, but I think it's easier to just say that rather than going on another tangent!

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Should I stay on 2.7? I really don't see the big advantages of 3.0 on a 4.5 XL with 9.4 emuNAND. Everything works great with 2.7.

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
okay, I have a quick question. Did I just fuck up my Gateway? I accidentally updated to 3.0 on Classic mode, meaning I clicked on Classic mode when I executed the launcer.dat for the first time. Now everytime I go on Gateway mode it just loads the normal sysnand (I think). I doesn't show GW3DS in the system settings either. Am I screwed?

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros. 3DS closes some 3DS system processes to allow the game to run with more RAM (this only happens on the normal 3DS, the New 3DS has more RAM so this doesn't happen). When you quit this game, it will essentially restart the system and take you back to sysNAND from emuNAND.

There are ways around this, but I think it's easier to just say that rather than going on another tangent!
OK, so, by now, only with SSB, right?
Thank you.

I have another question that can be added to the FAQ:
Must I re-download my e-shop tittles on EmuNAND to make them appear? Or re-copying the backed up SD archives is enough?

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, I have a quick question. Did I just fuck up my Gateway? I accidentally updated to 3.0 on Classic mode, meaning I clicked on Classic mode when I executed the launcer.dat for the first time. Now everytime I go on Gateway mode it just loads the normal sysnand (I think). I doesn't show GW3DS in the system settings either. Am I screwed?

Try pressing "SELECT" when you boot GW Mode. On the system menu.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Should I stay on 2.7? I really don't see the big advantages of 3.0 on a 4.5 XL with 9.4 emuNAND. Everything works great with 2.7.

I don't think updating yet will provide much advantage, especially given that this is still in beta. It is probably best to just stay on the version you're currently on.

OK, so, by now, only with SSB, right?
Thank you.

I have another question that can be added to the FAQ:
Must I re-download my e-shop tittles on EmuNAND to make them appear? Or re-copying the backed up SD archives is enough?

As of now it is only SSB, as far as I am aware.

I have added that to the FAQ as well, thank you.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after reading the FAQ on the first page I have some quick questions.

1. Do you need internet connection every time to access the gateway website on the browser to switch to emunand for each time you turn on the 3ds?

2. Do you need two sd cards one for sysnand and one for emunand to be used in your 3ds? Or is that just a recommendation? Because one of the questions/answers seemed to hint at that.

Thanks for your time replying and reading.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So after reading the FAQ on the first page I have some quick questions.

1. Do you need internet connection every time to access the gateway website on the browser to switch to emunand for each time you turn on the 3ds?

2. Do you need two sd cards one for sysnand and one for emunand to be used in your 3ds? Or is that just a recommendation? Because one of the questions/answers seemed to hint at that.

Thanks for your time replying and reading.

I have just updated the FAQ answering the first question - you do need an Internet connection every time, yes.

No, you don't need 2 SD cards, which question do you think hints at that? I will change the wording of it if it sounds a bit dodgy.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I install a CIA file in emuNAND, and I reboot, I need to unwrap it every time.
This is a known issue and is caused by your sysNAND and emuNAND being linked, therefore they will need to be unlinked. To do this, you will need to format your sysNAND with your SD card removed. You should keep all of your saves and eShop games on the SD card for use on emuNAND.

It just made it seem like you needed a separate sd specifically for emuNAND that's all. Thanks for the reply!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Parental Settings on sysNAND only. If it asks for a password, don't update.

There are 12 different categories in Parental Settings, but none of them seem to mention updates. Which one worked for you?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Forgot that system update was blocked by default after enabling Parental Controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo