Hacking Some dude has a theory of how to get VC Games to..

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you worring about all this? You can already run NES, SNES, Neo Geo Poket, Mega Drive, Master System, Turbografx,... games through SD Gecko in your Wii!

jaguares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it pretty funny since the only way to get it is if your a pervert
rofl2.gif

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkfader announced an apology ages ago, i forgave him. he seems like a cool guy. i guarantee there is no bricker for the wii, as that would require kernel access to the filesystem, which would mean we would have our own emulators already up and running.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with several downloaded VC roms. It DOES NOT work!!! When you go to access the channels on the SD card, nothing shows up. I copied my original purchased content.bin back to the folder and it showed up in the menu and copied fine. So, again, THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xia, wrong. you messed up. it should show the games in the sd channel, but not copy them. nice try to denounce others without proof though

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
xia, wrong. you messed up. it should show the games in the sd channel, but not copy them. nice try to denounce others without proof though

Yeah... it will show the game in the SD channel if it has the right content.bin there. Unfortunately, when you try to "replace" the file with another game via this guy's theory, it doesn't show anything. This is with a U.S. version Wii with all updates. Purchased VC game was "Bomberman '93" Tried to replace bin with Zelda, Pinball, and Sonic. It doesn't work, plain and simple. Nice try to denounce others without actually trying it though.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why people is so worried about this if you can already play NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Turbografx, Neo Geo Poket, Master System, Game Gear,... for free in your Wii? I'm talking about AR + SD Gecko

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
|=

Why does everyone want to play VC games for free? Hasn't Nintendo been nice enough to not be charging so much? These games are cheap! Why are you going to put the privilege of going online with your Wii in jeopardy? Come on guys, at least support Nintendo in this endeavor. We are already getting almost all DS games for free!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
|=

Why does everyone want to play VC games for free? Hasn't Nintendo been nice enough to not be charging so much? These games are cheap! Why are you going to put the privilege of going online with your Wii in jeopardy? Come on guys, at least support Nintendo in this endeavor. We are already getting almost all DS games for free!
Some people have trouble grasping the concept of economics. I admit though, 1-5 dollars would be much more reasonable than 5-10. Most of the people here are used to getting games that come on cartridges for free.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you I red it now, but somehow I don't like the idea of playing GC homebrew on the Wii, it's like using GBA emulators on the DS, they surely work just the same, but I'd rather use something created from scratch to run on the system I'm using .
Althought GC emulators must be much better then the GBA ones....but I never modded my cube, so I wouldn't know.
But I 'm sure that when it wil become possible, I will mod my Wii, just like I did it for all my DSs.
Heck I am a proud member of GBAtemp now !!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro