ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Unfraggable1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I picked a good time to stumble upon this translation! 97% done! You've been doing an excellent job, and I'm going to DL and enjoy this stuff right now.

Thank you, good sir.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of the NPC's haven't been translated, like in shops, but if it doesn't matter to the story, who cares.
This is a fantastic translation and you should be applauded for your hard work and dedication.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, it's funny how there was talk a while back of Ninty possibly bringing this game to America (I rem reading about it), then this translation project basically ended at ~98%.......now you don't hear anything further about this being officially localized. It's as if they were waiting for this translation to be completed and they were just going to snatch it up and stick it on a cart without giving any credit to all the hard work Darth put into it, nor would he have received any kind of compensation for doing their work for them. Sure, they MIGHT have tidied up a few more things before releasing it, but that would have only been to hide the fact that they stole the translation from here. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was actually the way things were going to happen.

Or IS there still talk of an official localization? I've heard nothing since.....well, a long time ago.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
You know, it's funny how there was talk a while back of Ninty possibly bringing this game to America (I rem reading about it), then this translation project basically ended at ~98%.......now you don't hear anything further about this being officially localized. It's as if they were waiting for this translation to be completed and they were just going to snatch it up and stick it on a cart without giving any credit to all the hard work Darth put into it, nor would he have received any kind of compensation for doing their work for them. Sure, they MIGHT have tidied up a few more things before releasing it, but that would have only been to hide the fact that they stole the translation from here. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was actually the way things were going to happen.

Or IS there still talk of an official localization? I've heard nothing since.....well, a long time ago.
you never know
tongue.gif

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
arogance1 said:
Some of the NPC's haven't been translated, like in shops, but if it doesn't matter to the story, who cares.
This is a fantastic translation and you should be applauded for your hard work and dedication.
well thats weird ive been playing this game 6 times through already and i didnt see any npcs that wasent translated , all shop npc's and other are translated , the only things ive found untranslated is a short text in chapter 2 saying "8 hours ago" and the glossary(but i can read now japanese and i translated it myself
tongue.gif
)

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rayder said:

That would have been a slap in the face, really... I mean... ugh I don't think they could really do something like that... *believes in the goodness of people*
But if they did it would be really hard to stand up against it, I think... Bacause using a rom is illegal, and distributing a translation of it, even for free and not getting their permission should be illegal either... So there'd be nothing you could do against it if you don't want to get sentenced for this project or not?

And if Nintendo KNOWS about this project, they should really consider giving darth some money and ask for permission to use his translation. They could fix the missing 2 percent and sell the game in the US too. They'd make a lot of money with it, since there are still enough people out there who do not even know what a flashkart is... ^^ (or never saw a romsite... ^^) The game is really good and Japan isn't the biggest country of the world (even with its high population ^^)
And I guess there are a lot of roleplayers out there who want to get their hands on a game like that!
biggrin.gif

Plus, if I loved a game I WOULD pay for it, just to have it lined up in my shelf.
tongue.gif

(I still wish that japanese was my native language... Q_Q)

weremech

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried the patch in my acekard 2 and i loved it, until the begining of act 1 where the whole game just freezes. I tried getting another *copy* of the game to patch but, same result. I also tried skipping the movie where it freezes but it just freeze afterward, i even got the most recent firmware of my acekard but nothing seems to work. Any suggestion ?

mik3andik3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive played through the game with this patch, and the patch basically translates everything XD
i think throughout the game i saw less then 50 japanese text ^-^ pure awesomeness

weremech

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
weremech said:
i tried the patch in my acekard 2 and i loved it, until the begining of act 1 where the whole game just freezes. I tried getting another *copy* of the game to patch but, same result. I also tried skipping the movie where it freezes but it just freeze afterward, i even got the most recent firmware of my acekard but nothing seems to work. Any suggestion ?

solved, if any of you have the same problem, just format your flashcart and everything should be fine.

DonMooCao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job on this project. One small nitpicky thing for me though. I'm unsure if it has to do with the ROM or some setting on the flash cart, but the game has a generic NDS logo and name though the game works perfectly. Anyone know how to fix this?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
popopola said:
can I patch the game then trim it? or do I have to trim it first then patch it?

When you patch the ROM, it will automatically trim it because it won't write any of the padding the ROM has by default.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DonMooCao said:
Great job on this project. One small nitpicky thing for me though. I'm unsure if it has to do with the ROM or some setting on the flash cart, but the game has a generic NDS logo and name though the game works perfectly. Anyone know how to fix this?
Try to use different ROM, if this kind of thing happened to other ones too, try to format your microSD too

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
thank you darthnemesis and everyone who contirbute this now i can play it in english, there's so many of jap games that are not translated but thanks to you guys who made patches i am able to play it, so thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo