1. 727

727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    hmmm im hearing great things and seems like everyone enjoyed it. i just heard about it and it seemed like an obscure jrpg worth trying but maybe ive found a diamond in the rough?

and yes it should be edited to say 100% playable.

2. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    nice Thanks [​IMG] Is it me or does Cadenza look like kyrie from Sands of destruction [​IMG]

3. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After applying the patch, I seem to have gotten a weird glitch on the AKAIO UI. It would display a DS Console icon instead of the DS game icon of the dog and it was titled "program file". I managed to fix it by opening the patched ROM with dsbuff and editing the header and saving it.

Just in case anybody's had the same issue.

4. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for this, this game seems pretty cool.

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    They are one and the same! [​IMG]

6. ookamiyoh

ookamiyoh Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Nice project. I was giving up to play SOMA BRINGER... Thx anyway

7. miss_DSlite

miss_DSlite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so this project never hit 100% ?

8. saldite

saldite Dumb As Hell
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, it's close enough to 100%...

9. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Iceland
    Eventhough the game is 100% playable, it will never actually hit the 100% if this (from the first page) isn't translated, because all that is left are database/synopsis entries.

I never bothered reading those entries so for me 97.93% = 100% [​IMG]

10. flywithme

flywithme Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Will there be anyone updates to this game?
    Is the February patch final?

11. lucablight

lucablight Member
    Newcomer

Darthnemesis has said that he intends to finish the patch so that it is 100%

12. pitman

Iceland
    Yep, that is the last patch, I recommend downloading it because you can complete the game without seeing any japanese at all (I already finished the game several time with different characters), I only wish I had friends with DSs so I could do multiplayer with them.

13. dries

dries Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    If only you had friends... joking [​IMG]

So, it has really completely been translated? Cause I liked it the first time I played it! Any class reccomendings tho? And I do NOT want to hear: It's really what you like best, it's kinda personal, blah blah. Which did you like most?

14. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    Yes, ignoring the small bits of japanese in there that you probably wont even realized it's there.

The stories are fully translated. As for me, i just choose the maid, there's something about a maid and a big ...*censored*... that just catches your attention. [​IMG]

15. pitman

Iceland
    I enjoyed playing the class that does combos (is it kampf[sp?] ?) make you more involved in combat and changing skill sets depending on the situation (thanks to the awesome skill tree system where you can change it on the fly and experiment like crazy).

When I played a regular fighter I was just pressing one skill button and smashing every enemy with my giant hammer (which is awesome), but got boring after a while (though I still finished a playthrough).

Playing a ranged character (not magic user) was hard because the AI allies are not always dependable in keeping enemies at bay (changing constantly the AI's skill set can help a little in plenty of situations).

16. Fel

Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

It's only a pity that the info in the ship's database in almost totally in Japanese, I enjoy reading these kinds of things and getting even more information.

But otherwise it's a great game, it's like Diablo ported to the DS. [​IMG]

17. vanillakokakola

vanillakokakola Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, I downloaded the rom and the patch, dragged the rom onto the DRAG ROM HERE file, waited a few minutes for the command prompt that came up to finish patching the ROM, renamed it to simply "Soma Bringer" ... and it was still in Japanese? I let the patching program run until it said it was completed, and I got the rom from the same site I've gotten all of my roms from and have never had an issue. Any ideas?

18. Freudian Lemur

Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

I'm pretty sure the patcher makes a copy of your rom and patches that, leaving you with both a patched and a clean rom. Are you sure you ran the right one? Also, right at the start, when the game's creating a new save file, there is one message in japanese, asking you to press A. Is that what you saw? If so, you're a silly!

19. whalis

whalis Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll just wait til it gets to 100%. Then it'll be just great. Its is really great that you translated it this much though. Hope you finish translating the leftovers!

20. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Then you're missing out and will be waiting quite awhile. The game is fully playable. The only text not translated is bonus background info on characters and places.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Bringer,