after its almost loaded i get the disc could not be read

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ShadowXP said:
So many revisions, so little changelogs? What's actually happening with all these revisions? Do they increase compatibility? Add new features? What?
Just some basic changes, nothing that changes the user experience. You can see what changed on the google codes site.

mihakase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some recent testing for you Requiem.
svn r28:

Chocobo's Dungeon NTSC - "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information."

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rod_Hull said:
Also, I can confirm that your entryholder fix on Wiigator's loader makes Wario Land TSD (PAL) load the "Disturbing Tomb" level perfectly...good job!

All credit for the entry holder fix goes to requiem4d, he found the bug.

I'm sure nobody will believe me, but i was close to find this bug too. Ok, difference is: requiem4d, took ONE look at the code and he found the bug accidentally, and i, well...
I searched for the bug which caused the problem with Disaster: Day of Crisis stage 8. This bug which is fixed by this fix. I found out that Waninkoko's loader had no problems with stage 8, but Wiigator 0.1 and 0.3 had. My conclusion was, that this bug is caused by the loader and not by the cios or dip. I spend much time searching the bug in Wiigator's code and tried many modifications. I took one look at the entryholder too, but i didn't understand at all, what it is and thought that it was necessary. I thought maybe the flush was not executed correctly "DCFlushRange((void*)0x80000000, 0x17ff000);", i did not see the 2nd "f". The entryholder stores the application's entry point in memory at 0x817f0000. For my defence i have to say, C and C++ are totally new to me. Wiigator 0.3 is the first C program i worked with.
My search for the bug is the reason why i'm telling everybody about it.

PS: Now is the time you can laugh at me

Kyosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Rod_Hull said:
Also, I can confirm that your entryholder fix on Wiigator's loader makes Wario Land TSD (PAL) load the "Disturbing Tomb" level perfectly...good job!

All credit for the entry holder fix goes to requiem4d, he found the bug.

I'm sure nobody will believe me, but i was close to find this bug too. Ok, difference is: requiem4d, took ONE look at the code and he found the bug accidentally, and i, well...
I searched for the bug which caused the problem with Disaster: Day of Crisis stage 8. This bug which is fixed by this fix. I found out that Waninkoko's loader had no problems with stage 8, but Wiigator 0.1 and 0.3 had. My conclusion was, that this bug is caused by the loader and not by the cios or dip. I spend much time searching the bug in Wiigator's code and tried many modifications. I took one look at the entryholder too, but i didn't understand at all, what it is and thought that it was necessary. I thought maybe the flush was not executed correctly "DCFlushRange((void*)0x80000000, 0x17ff000);", i did not see the 2nd "f". The entryholder stores the application's entry point in memory at 0x817f0000. For my defence i have to say, C and C++ are totally new to me. Wiigator 0.3 is the first C program i worked with.
My search for the bug is the reason why i'm telling everybody about it.

PS: Now is the time you can laugh at me
The funny thing is, you're posting this in a thread about an open source project, where the purpose is delivering a good project, not taking credit.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kyosys said:
The funny thing is, you're posting this in a thread about an open source project, where the purpose is delivering a good project, not taking credit.

I think i am fexible about delivering a good project and taking credit.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mobad said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Do you think you could put the revision in the name of the file?

Development is moving so quickly that it's hard to keep track of the one you have.
I'll just post when I have the new version.

If I'm at the computer when a new version is released, expect it soon.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
mobad said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Do you think you could put the revision in the name of the file?

Development is moving so quickly that it's hard to keep track of the one you have.
I'll just post when I have the new version.

If I'm at the computer when a new version is released, expect it soon.
will it be in your sig?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
midna25 said:
people who don't know how to compile the app likely can report bugs just as well as those who can't.
Have you seen the state of the wiki and bug-reporting threads? If someone can't even compile a dol then the likelihood is that they can't fill a coherent bug-report.

QUOTE(mobad @ Nov 9 2008, 12:10 AM) Do you think you could put the revision in the name of the file?
I don't think that would work very well - currently you can just bookmark the file and download it easily - if the filename changes every time that would no longer be possible.

Kyosys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Kyosys said:

I think i am fexible about delivering a good project and taking credit.
The difference is - you were too late. Look, I really appreciate your effort, but I don't like the attitude you have about it ("I was about to do that too!!!")
It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't think it really matters.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
midna25 said:
people who don't know how to compile the app likely can report bugs just as well as those who can't.
Have you seen the state of the wiki and bug-reporting threads? If someone can't even compile a dol then the likelihood is that they can't fill a coherent bug-report.

QUOTE(mobad @ Nov 9 2008, 12:10 AM) Do you think you could put the revision in the name of the file?
I don't think that would work very well - currently you can just bookmark the file and download it easily - if the filename changes every time that would no longer be possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM