Hacking So Wiikey still has no update for DL discs????

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
cruddybuddy said:
Great, well I want to "update" my DVD player to watch Blueray. When is that gonna happen?

And I like how you zeroed-in on the weakest point, completely ignoring the others; which includes the fact that you have saved hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars with the WiiKey and you are still an ungrateful brat.

Wow, you're horrible at arguing. Because updating something completely unrealistic is exactly the same as updating something which allows normal playback like the console was intended to do in the first place, right?

And, like I said, you're bringing in completely irrelevant "arguments" to try to bolster your nonexistent position. The other modchips out there can play a legit DL disc just fine. Wiikey cannot. This has nothing to do with playing any other games, just that this is an issue that probably could be fixed very easily yet has nothing announced about it as of now. Why would anyone install a Wiikey right now instead of a Cyclowiz?

LOL, I won't attack your so-called arguing abilities, because those people here that are educated in debate *bows* know this is called "ad hominem."

With that said, the console was not intended to play backups in the first place, so modifying it to do something not intended, and then bitching about how it doesn't perform it's original task is absurd. Check.

The fact that other modchips can or cannot do it is irrelevant. And you have no idea if it is an easy fix or you would have don't it yourself. Why would anyone buy a WiiKey instead of a Cyclowiz? I don't know. But that is not the point. Why would you buy a black and white TV if there are color televisions now? I don't know, but I'm certainly not going to bitch about "I Love Lucy" reruns being in B&W. Check.

And you STILL are ignoring the fact that the WiiKey has performed what you expected it to do up until now and you have saved yourself hundreds of undeserved bucks. Check and Mate.

And you are still an ungrateful, ignorant brat.

P.S. - Thank you for becoming so broken and beaten by my masterful arguments that you have had to attack me in order to make yourself feel better. I am honored. *bows*

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but I wasn't attacking you at all. Thanks for completely twisting my words. I don't know a thing about you, how could I attack your character in any way? Yeah, I thought so.

It's obvious you're missing the point, and I'm drunk, and not even going to buy the game anyway. Doesn't change the fact that Wiikey is dropping the ball on this, especially once SSBB comes out here. And there, I've given you all the ammo you need to complete your little argument saying "oh now you're just giving up because you know I'm right," sure, whatever makes you feel better.

edit: actually, i just remember i might buy the game actually, so this might be relevant after all.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
falco123 said:
Heran Bago said:
hanman said:
ah, i assumed he was referring to a backup copyAhh, you should read the OP.

OP, you could always switch the Wiikey off. Although that takes a bit of effort installing a switch and you still wouldn't be able to play legitimate imports. If you're too lazy to put in a switch you could always download a US copy of Brawl when it's out.

wow, whta a great compromise for buying a crappy modchip. "hey, basically all the chips out there play legit DL games, but wiikey doesn't, but that's okay because you can install a freaking switch instead of having the chip not suck ass"

gotta hand it to the wiikey team for screwing up LEGIT games and then not doing anything about it for a month now.
Am I the only one that did not miss this? A user gives a legitimate solution and has it thrown right back in his face? Granted the "lazy" remark could use a little rewording but I'm sure it wasn't a jab in any way. And before you say it isn't legitimate, think carefully. He is not a wiikey dev. He is not defending the chip. He simply gave a one of the very few solutions. Also consider that he posted as an effort to help you. Be thankful he did not tell you to "just wait for an update."

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
Excuse me, but I wasn't attacking you at all. Thanks for completely twisting my words. I don't know a thing about you, how could I attack your character in any way? Yeah, I thought so.

It's obvious you're missing the point, and I'm drunk, and not even going to buy the game anyway. Doesn't change the fact that Wiikey is dropping the ball on this, especially once SSBB comes out here. And there, I've given you all the ammo you need to complete your little argument saying "oh now you're just giving up because you know I'm right," sure, whatever makes you feel better.

edit: actually, i just remember i might buy the game actually, so this might be relevant after all.

Leave it to an underage drunk to think he knows what he's talking about. LOL!

And he STILL won't acknowledge the money saved. Ungrateful, ignorant brat.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, by doing that, you're basically giving up and letting the Wiikey win. The whole point of this topic was that the Wiikey should've been stepping up to compete with its rivals that actually don't have any problems currently, yet they aren't. Then it all got derailed. I don't see how anyone can argue against that point itself. *sigh*

cruddybuddy said:
Leave it to an underage drunk to think he knows what he's talking about. LOL!

And he STILL won't acknowledge the money saved. Ungrateful, ignorant brat.

Ha, I'm 21. Which begs the question, why am I trying to argue with someone who doesn't even get what I'm saying and keeps repeating the same argument over and over with the same two insults thinking it will finally become relevant? Here's an acknowledgment for you: I've had no problems with my Wiikey and have played many games just fine. YOU'RE the one not recognizing that the Wiikey team is being negligent in recognizing and correcting a problem with their chip. Like I said, that's the only point I'm trying to make, and you're sitting around insulting me over and over.

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
21, LOL, well that figures too. Still a know-it-all. And you will have to forgive the mistake, your lack of intelligence made me assume you were 14. No offense to our resident teens.

Have you or have you not saved hundreds of dollars with WiiKey? Answer the question.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
cruddybuddy just stop posting

You're the ungrateful one. Think of the people who aren't dirty little pirates such as yourself, and actually intend on playing backup games. Now look at how this chip cannot perform it's functions as it should. Hence I have changed chips. Please stay on topic you're wasting everyone's time

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now who's the one with the ad hominem arguments? LOL. Edit; oh, also, i have to have a little laugh at calling me a "know-it-all" when you're the one flaunting your "masterful" education in debate. seriously, that bluray argument was one of the stupidest things i've ever heard, and completely off-base.

Yes, I have saved money with the Wiikey. STILL NOT RELEVANT, lol. "Hey, you should stop complaining, even though other modchips do just fine and this one has a problem that should be fixed because other games in the future will be using DL, you can still play all those other games! Come on!"

You just have to win this argument, don't you? Because you're some master debator, and I'm not, I get it. Enjoy yourself, because neither of us has gotten anything out of this.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
falco123 said:
Well, by doing that, you're basically giving up and letting the Wiikey win. The whole point of this topic was that the Wiikey should've been stepping up to compete with its rivals that actually don't have any problems currently, yet they aren't. Then it all got derailed. I don't see how anyone can argue against that point itself. *sigh*
Try looking at it another way. I bought a $10 piece of shit Intec Wireless Wii Sensor bar the other day. The thing only has 2 IR leds, one for each side. Can't seem to "pick up" shit all for the most part. Am I going to phone customer service and demand satisfaction? Fuck no. I've cracked the fucking thing open. Making it USB powered, adding more LEDs. Probably just going to build my own and use the casing anyways. Why? Because it's fun to mess with shit and it saves money.

Also, switches are fun.
lecture.gif

My point is that good can come out of a little bit of work. A switch may prove to have other uses in the future too. Still sucks that there is no update yet but whatever. It is sad that it plays a backup but not a real copy. I may seem like I am giving up and hell, maybe I am. I own a DSX, I've been down this road and I really don't want to bother with it again.

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
falco123 said:
Now who's the one with the ad hominem arguments? LOL

Yes, I have saved money with the Wiikey. STILL NOT RELEVANT, lol. "Hey, you should stop complaining, even though other modchips do just fine and this one has a problem that should be fixed because other games in the future will be using DL, you can still play all those other games! Come on!"

You just have to win this argument, don't you? Because you're some master debator, and I'm not, I get it. Enjoy yourself, because neither of us has gotten anything out of this.

Enjoy myself. Mmm, that's the best idea you've had yet. LOL.

I tire of you. *flick* Begone.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, hey, looks like instead of me being the one to apparently "give up" because I'm "wrong," I guess it was you all along, but it's true in your case. Good show.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoneMonkey said:
buy a wii loader falco

/end thread

I wasn't gonna say anything, because I don't believe you're being serious, i mean, how absurd is it to be required to spend extra money to buy another product to fix the shortcomings of another, aha

but yeah, this thread is over. all i was hoping for was that someone would have said "oh wiikey released a statement saying they're working on it" or something since I haven't been following it lately, but hey, getting called an "ungrateful brat" randomly is cool, too.

crappypappy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Volkov said:

You're the ungrateful one. Think of the people who aren't dirty little pirates such as yourself, and actually intend on playing backup games. Now look at how this chip cannot perform it's functions as it should. Hence I have changed chips. Please stay on topic you're wasting everyone's time

If you are not a "dirty little pirate" then what the hell are you doing here? YOU should stay out because you don't know what you are talking about.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crappypappy said:
Volkov said:

If you are not a "dirty little pirate" then what the hell are you doing here? YOU should stay out because you don't know what you are talking about.

Sorry again to keep posting, but I can't let this slide: being a pirate and supporting the industry are not mutually exclusive. Downloading "Ninjabread Man" to see how crappy it is, versus buying Zack and Wiki to show my support for actual good games on the system that I'd like to see more of? That's not a crazy idea.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey is still alive, they post on forums and give news on the wiiscene website or whatever, they did once when Brawl came out.

And I leave you all with the final piece of the puzzle, the true key to my existence, I hope you and I can be friends someday cruddybuddy (not joking):

mehjo9.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.